ACN Latitudes Forums

How do we know if it is a cough tic or just cough?

deby

Yes my daughter has had the cough tic a few times before. Often after she has had a real cough. Then a cough tic would follow.

She also has had it in the past without a cough first. I think if you can see a pattern to the coughing and it stops when he is sleeping or engrossed in something else - than it probably it is a tic. I hope it isn't and it just passes. Good luck!

Yes my daughter has had the cough tic a few times before. Often after she has had a real cough. Then a cough tic would follow.

She also has had it in the past without a cough first. I think if you can see a pattern to the coughing and it stops when he is sleeping or engrossed in something else - than it probably it is a tic. I hope it isn't and it just passes. Good luck!

I second this...the consistency and pattern of the cough should let you know. Unlike a cold, at least for our son, his cough tic is always the same pattern, with no major coughing jags. This was our first experience with a tic and it took so long to realize it wasn't just allergies or a cold etc. but it never "felt" right if you know what I mean. Fingers crossed it's just a cold or transient tic but many coughing tics are connected to wheat and/or dairy, have you tried removing either of these yet?

Best of luck

Megan