ACN Latitudes Forums

My son is REALLY benefiting from fish oil

Bigal

I had talked about this a bit a few weeks ago in a thread called "Omega 3", but I wanted to make it more visible.

In September, I started giving my son 1/2 teaspoon a day of Nordic Naturals Arctic Cod Liver Oil (Wyatt turned 9 in December). It took about a week and a half and his tics lessened by about 80%. I'm truly delighted by the effect. :D His teacher has also reported that he has been much less distractible at school. I should mention that Wyatt's tics were never too frequent. His TS at this point would be considered mild.

that is good that he is one of the kids with TS that can tolerate getting his omega3 from fish oil :)

as you may have read, some people with TS seem to react to fish oil sources of omega 3 with increased tics even though they can eat fish with no problem

For them, flaxseed oil is a better alternative supplemental omega 3 source

Hi Cloudy,

Since August or so, his most common tic is a heavy exhale, often when he is eating. Prior to that his most common tic was blinking. He also rolls his eyes and turns his head like he was following a bird in flight. Those are the most common. There have been others.

He takes it willingly. It is lightly flavored even though it is not a children's product. He preferred the lemon flavored to the peach flavor we now have.

Alan