ACN Latitudes Forums

Nematode - Spirochete (lyme) Relationship

Thought this was interesting enough to post. It came around in one of my lyme newsmails. I often see people on lymenet post that until you tackle the worms, you won't get the cure.

I do remember that in Dr. Corson's talk at ILADS this year, she told the story of how Willy Burgdorfer (who "discovered" borrelia burgdorferi and hence it is named after him) was really looking into nematodes in ticks when he then found the borrelia.

Here it is... it's not for the squeamish!

Mary

------------------------------------------------------

Nematode Spirochete Farmers

In 2000, the World Health Organization (WHO) reported that over a billion people are at risk for parasitic worm infections (filaria). 120 million people are infected with parasites in more than 80 countries (Africa, Asia, Central and South Americas, and the Pacific Islands). Of those infected, 44 million suffer filariasis symptoms.

Nematodes are parasitic worms which receive nourishment and/or shelter from hosts. There is a theory that nematodes ‘farm’ smaller organisms like the Lyme Borrelia spirochetes, similar to the way we humans farm cows or chickens, feeding and protecting them so we can later eat them. Nematodes may live symbiotically with spirochetes in humans!

Ticks and other vectors harbor numerous parasites: large ones referred to as worms (filaria) and microscopic bacteria, viruses, protozoa, fungi and microfilaria. Ticks in Connecticut and New York do carry nematodes according to Doctors Willy Burgdorfer, Eva Sapi, and Richard Ostfeld.

Can worms destroy American health, as in WHO’s reported 80 countries, or as in our American pets? The answer to the question, “Can nematodes wreak havoc as human parasites?” is supposedly unknown, at least in the USA. Well, can nematodes prevent recovery from “chronic” Lyme and tick-borne diseases? Puppies are de-wormed soon after they are born. Dogs typically and quickly recover from Lyme disease after antibiotics, perhaps because of their early-life and subsequent regular de-worming; there are no nematodes harvesting spirochetes in their canine bodies.

If nematodes work against antibiotics by protecting and increasing spirochete population, then antibiotic therapy may eradicate ‘loose’ spirochetes but not those under nematode farmers’ protection. If a nematode-Borrelia symbiotic relationship exists, Borrelia can screw its way out, escape the nematode farm, free to wreak havoc on us.

If nematodes are present, then a huge amount of antibiotics over a long period of time may only suppress bacterial growth. Symptoms will be somewhat relieved, a modicum of health will be maintained, but there is no cure while nematodes live to raise new spirochetes.

So for the duration, surviving nematodes will keep on farming. Can this proposed process explain the cyclical nature of Lyme in certain cases? Antibiotics destroy spirochetes, some nematodes starve and die, but survivor nematodes still farm. A human host might suffer a relapse or flare-up if a bountiful harvest releases excess spirochetes into the body.

Antibiotics relieve our symptoms by killing spirochetes. Antibiotics also decrease the nematode’s food supply resulting in nematode starvation and death. If enough spirochetes are destroyed and enough nematodes die of starvation, eventually there might be no one left to run the farm. A patient recovers.

However if nematode filaria causes some chronic Lyme, it might be more prudent to stop the farmer. Ivermectin causes starvation and death of nematodes by interfering with their ability to eat/digest. Although antibiotics have been our primary defense, a doctor once told me Ivermectin was the best medicine for Lyme disease. Interesting to note that since 1982, filariasis victims in WHO’s reported 80 countries were given millions of free doses of Ivermectin as part of a Global Health Initiative, but in the USA and Europe, it is typically not prescribed. A surging idea is that all we need is to live healthy and take vitamins and supplements but I suspect that what would CURE chronic Lyme would be a remedy for the cause!

Other causes may be virulent Borrelia, Mycoplasma, Morgellons, Candida, other Fungi, Molds, XMRV, (Xenotropic Murine Retrovirus) and/or other microbes or filaria.

The average chronic Lyme patient suffers a gradual decline into poverty and a lifetime of pain and debilitation. Find the cause, treat and have compassion.

Eva Haughie

EMPIRE STATE LYME DISEASE ASSOCIATION, INC

Thank you very much for posting this. I have heard for quite a while that often with chronic lyme, the parasites/worms are a real part of the problem to deal with. Perhaps this explains why it is so important to deal with this issue, and another good reason to start on worms FIRST, before abx, as Dr. Klinghardt suggests in his slides/talks. I started on abx first, not knowing about the parasites/worms at that time, and while it helped me a lot, helped me keep my job, I do think it resulted in the parasites/worms becoming even more of a problem to deal with later.

This was something sent around by the president of the Empire state lyme disease association.

It is true that ticks can carry nematodes/ worms, and true that they can pass them along to humans (along with all the other diseases that they may harbor). However, it is "theory" only by some that there may actually be this type of "farming" relationship that exists whereby the nematodes have a vested interest in keeping the spirochetes (lyme) around in the human host.

In any event, some lyme docs are more keen to address the issue of worms and other parasites, and other lyme docs simply don't.

Thanks for posting this. Where did you find this? Our doctor has not mentioned parasites at all, so I would like to discuss this it him, but would like to learn more first. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Your article is so important for me and for my other 400 friends in Facebook!

I have been preaching the benefits of the IVERMECTIN but I was like a lonely voice

yelling to the wind, to the point I posted pictures of the bugs I am throwing out

thanks to the "IVERMECTINA" I got in drops from my home country in South America,

and even though all my Lymie friends are surprised by my foundlings they seem to

think it is just me or just some of us WHO have those nasty ewww parasites, and the

rest are "clean" of them, or think they are treating them by taking antibiotics.

So today I got 50 comments about my pictures, my ewww buggies, and I even showed

pictures of the bugs a fellow Lymie had inside her eye, and compared to my intestinal

parasites both bugs are the same size and shape, which is incredibly special.

So, at the end of all my disquisitions, explaining what is Ivermectin, the benefits

and possibilities we could have by taking it, this woman, famous in our group for

being aggressive and insulting finishes the discussion saying that Ivermectin is

not good because it is JUST good for nematodes and microfilariae... what? how can she

misinform like that? Ivermectin is good for Lyme Disease precisely because of that function;

because it is the best anthelmintic ever created that can kill nematodes and

can help us fight the "microfilaraemia". So, exhausted of "yelling alone"

I found your article, I almost cry of happiness. So informative, so well written,

and brings so much hope! And my happiness is not only because

the theory states that IVERMECTIN could help Lyme Disease patients, it is

because after I tried it, after I start taking Ivermectin to treat the parasites

I could have including Babesia, my Lymie life changed and for first time after suffering

intensively during five years no matter how many antibiotics I took, I knew

I was on my way to recovery. I have extensively written about this Ivermectin in my personal blog,

again, yelling to the wind, hoping my voice could be heard to help others.

It is unfair to suffer so much without proper medical care;

it is unfair to be left to die in so much pain devoured by different types

of bacteria and parasites. The US doesn't want to recognize there is an

infection, spread all over the country, much worse than malaria and the

Diseases that affect the third world countries. Some say LD is caused by

human as part of a bio-weapon, I just say no matter how it started

we still need proper care. Two weeks of the recommended treatment with

Doxycycline, an antibiotic that works outside the cell is not going to cure LD,

nor even helps to relieve the pain a poly-bacterial, multi-parasitic infection

causes throughout all our bodie. This recommendation is indeed "insane"!

May God have compassion and may some be reached by your or my articles

and can have some relief with Ivermectin; if not the cure at least the

WAY TO RECOVERY!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WRITING THIS ARTICLE AND FOR GIVING ME THE

OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT, SO SORRY THAT WE ARE CONDEMNED TO POVERTY AND

SUFFERING IGNORED BY A SOCIETY THAT DOESN'T WANT TO HEAR OUR PAIN!

BUT YOU HEARD IT AND THAT IS ENOUGH FOR ME!

GRACIAS DEEPLY!

M.J.