ACN Latitudes Forums

Prednisolone

I will be talking to our pandas doc soon, but just in case I need to pull the trigger with pred before-hand, what is the usual dose for my son (50 lb, 6yo)? I have given it before but I can't remember. I have some here, but it is for my 2yo.

PANDAS seems to be escalating here, despite high dose motrin protocol (it's helping, but lots of break-through symptoms). Both kids have motor tics that escalated today, and some emotional lability that seems to be escalating.

And here's the kicker. I had to stop both of their augmentin today! DS6 had a major klebsiella flare...long story. I did increase their OLE to 750mg, 3x/day, which I'm not even sure is safe in my 2yo! Ugh!

Anyway, why do I feel like January will be an eventful month :wacko:

Hi Stephanie,

Our doctor prescribed prednisolone 15mg/ml for my dd 8, 55 lbs and it was 9ml once a day for 5 days. Dr. T had confirmed that, saying he would even round it up to 10ml per day without needing a taper. We haven't used any yet but pharm said it lasts over a year.

What is klebsiella? and how do you know they have it?

You ladies are the best, thanks!

Hi Stephanie,

Our doctor prescribed prednisolone 15mg/ml for my dd 8, 55 lbs and it was 9ml once a day for 5 days. Dr. T had confirmed that, saying he would even round it up to 10ml per day without needing a taper. We haven't used any yet but pharm said it lasts over a year.

What is klebsiella? and how do you know they have it?

Mom love, this is what klebsiella looks like in my 6yo: severe sensory-seeking (crashing into people all day long, hanging on people, etc.), irrational thinking (ie. "why are you crashing into/hitting your brother, can't you see you are hurting him", response "because it's fun and I like to hurt him"). When it really gets bad, he will rage if we try to hold him back from this behavior. The rage is violent: biting, kickiing, scratching, hitting, "I hate you", etc. Luckily I am getting better at spotting this early on. I started the proper abx last night and by this morning, not only were the kleb behaviors gone, but his pandas seemed better. I guess kleb was adding to inflammation. We will see.

Don't let this scare you, my boys are a little more complicated than most pandas kids...