ACN Latitudes Forums

Yeast

Dd8 just recovering from tonsillectomy and two week dose of Augmentin. Mood was better then I had expected. Ended augmentin last Thursday and mood is starting to go downhill

So I am wondering about YEAST. I know nothing. How would I know if this is a problem? How would I treat it? Is this causing all this nasty rage?

Dd8 just recovering from tonsillectomy and two week dose of Augmentin. Mood was better then I had expected. Ended augmentin last Thursday and mood is starting to go downhill

So I am wondering about YEAST. I know nothing. How would I know if this is a problem? How would I treat it? Is this causing all this nasty rage?

Look at his tongue. If it has a whiteish coating that is a sign of yeast. Probiotics are really important and can help avoid yeast.If the tongue looks good I'd wonder if the antibiotic was killing something.

I would think antibiotic is still needed, though I think it is always good to address yeast when on antibiotic. Sometimes you do see yeast problems when you go off antibiotics as bacteria battles yeast for space in the cavity linings. If you go back on antibiotics, do probiotics to help repoplulate the gut with good bacteria and also consider a course of diflucan as an antifungal (note: this is not a drug to be taken lightly - can be hard on the liver, but does kill yeast throughout the body). Continue the probiotics even when the antibiotics end.