ACN Latitudes Forums

Molluscum Tags

We are about 6 weeks into our current recurrence. Our dd had a molluscum tag get infected (bad) they thought it may be a staff infection and treated with abx about 6 months ago. She still has them and they off and on get red and irritated if she scratches them. I'm wondering if these could be part of the culprit for this latest recurrance and since this one is the worst ever, whether she is not getting better with the Abx because she her body is dealing with the molluscum virus?

Any input would be helpful.

Also, just to complicate things, she had a deer tick bite 2 years ago and I got bit when I was pregnant with her.

We are just trying to figure out how to get these symptoms to subside and treat the appropriate thing.

Sooooooo Confused.

Super strange question, but are you sure they are molluscum and not subcutaneous nodules or hives? Are they itchy? How was molluscum determined? How big are they and how many? Where are they located?

Buster

We are about 6 weeks into our current recurrence. Our dd had a molluscum tag get infected (bad) they thought it may be a staff infection and treated with abx about 6 months ago. She still has them and they off and on get red and irritated if she scratches them. I'm wondering if these could be part of the culprit for this latest recurrance and since this one is the worst ever, whether she is not getting better with the Abx because she her body is dealing with the molluscum virus?

Any input would be helpful.

Also, just to complicate things, she had a deer tick bite 2 years ago and I got bit when I was pregnant with her.

We are just trying to figure out how to get these symptoms to subside and treat the appropriate thing.

Sooooooo Confused.

They are on the inner thigh and she has three on one leg and about 6-8 on the other. They have a little dimple in the middle of the bump. Two are red at the moment. We saw S. Smith in Edison, who looked at them and said they were molluscum because of the dimple.

He also felt that she was a little old for them and that could be a sign of an immune problem.

Thanks for responding.

Sounds right. The dimple is the telltale sign. Typically eraser size. In people with immune issues they can get size of dime.

They are on the inner thigh and she has three on one leg and about 6-8 on the other. They have a little dimple in the middle of the bump. Two are red at the moment. We saw S. Smith in Edison, who looked at them and said they were molluscum because of the dimple.

He also felt that she was a little old for them and that could be a sign of an immune problem.

Thanks for responding.