ACN Latitudes Forums

%POLY-A and %EOS-A test results

KaraM

Our pediatrician just sent me copies of all my PANDAS daughter's and my nonPANDAS son's lab results for the past 6 months.

Two that looked odd for my nonPANDAS son were %POLY-A at 52.4 (this is low with a reference range of 54.0 - 62.0) and %EOS-A at 3.7 (this is high with a reference range of 0.0 - 3.0).

I looked on line and am thinking they are some sort of amino acids - but really have no idea.

Does anyone know what these are for and if they are significant for any reason? The pediatrician did not make note of them. He did note his IGE which was quite elevated.

As for my daughter, I also noticed her CO2 was slightly elevated. Dr. B saw that report, but never said anything about it.

We won't be seeing Dr. Bouboulis again until the end of February - so I would truly appreciate any insight I can get beforehand.

Thanks,

Kara

I'm looking at the order for the tests to see if anything correlates...

He ordered a

Basic Matabolic Panel (Na+, K+, CL, CO2, BUN, Glucose, Creatinine, CA, eGFR)

CRP ( CRP, Inflammation) -

CBCDif

SR SED RATE

ASO

DNASE- AB

IgG

IgA

IgM

IgE

I can clearly correlate the results with the order for all of the Ig...s - and the strep tests, but the names on the rests of the test results don't seem to align with anthing on the order...I wonder if the CRP, Inflammation is is what you mentioned, LLM. Do you think allergies or an infection would cause inflammation of the esophogus? He has several food and pollen allergies and his IgE was highly elevated.

But my logic says his allergies wouldn't trigger her PANDAS. I'm still trying to figure out if any of his issues are causing my daughter to stay in her exacerbation. He's been on abx for almost 2 weeks. Dr. B. said she should improve now that he's been treated for the strep - but it doesn't seem to be happening.

Just a guess - could EOS-A be eosinophils? High number would indicate inflammation of the esophagus...just speculating.

Just found a non-answer to my own question online:

High numbers of eosinophils (eosinophilia) are usually associated with allergic diseases and infections from parasites such as worms. A high eosinophil count may be due to:

Considerations

The eosinophil count usually helps confirm, rather than make, a diagnosis. It can not tell if an increase is caused by allergy or parasite infection.

I have to imagine with my son's history that it is allergies and not a parasite infection.