ACN Latitudes Forums

Help,Help back for adavice on giving two antibiotics

lismom

Is anyone giving more than one antibiotcs at one time and if so what. Help, pediatrician only good for giving antibiotics not advice. Son takes 600mg of zithromax every other day. I have raised that some but doesn't seem to be helping. Can you give augmentin at the same time? I know zith works intracellular and the penicillin family helps with the outer cell layer. Thanks, Kathy

Azithro/Augmentin is often used to treat Lyme Disease. One of my children is on Azithro/Ripfampin/Alinia and they are currently treating for Bartonella.

Oftentimes there is a worsening of symptoms within 48 to 72 of starting a new combo of antibiotics due to Herxhiemer response that can take weeks to settle if there is a chronic underlying infection.

Hope that helps. Her reaction to multiple antibiotics could be telling.

-Wendy

vickie and colleen...are talking aug or aug xr.....

just curious...as i would like to add aug also...but after test and trial...when we tried aug xr hd...it wiped him out and gave him joint pain about a week in..some rash..due to fungal over growth...when we did aug xr and diflucan...he did the whole month wit no problem..

i wonder if we did aug at regualr dose with the zith if that might do the job ...and as long as i kept the high probis...maybe i wouldn't have to do diflucan????

anyone have thoughts on this( we were told when he was 5 it was a reaction to the abx...he was on second round about 21 days in all together, when the pain started and we couldn't get rid of the strep)now know it could have been rf, scarletieena..or the abx wiping out gut....i was not giving probis at that time...(almost 6 years ago)..i think his gut is still messed up from back then!!!!

Colleenrn, I remember seeing posts from you here and there a year or so ago. How are things going and what symptoms do you have left. My 13 yr old son has been doing zith for almost 2 years. Sometimes he is doing better and then definitely steps back. No ivig for us, not approved. My son is left with tics. There have been times when back to 100% but mostly at 80%. I too am not going off zith. I have tried to back off and may have let the last 2 months catch up with us now. But going to increase to 600mg a day with a little Augmentin, probably only 600mg a day for a little to see if there is a difference.

I anyone could let me know what kind of routine they are on and what is happening with those results that would be great. This is the only source of info on how to proceed. Thanks, Kathy

Also about the gut... My sons was a mess at the beginning of this ordeal and still probably reacts to somethings, tried all the diets and restrictions but gave up. Only do probiotics.

Edited by lismom