ACN Latitudes Forums

100% . . . with diarrhea

ds is doing fairly well. at dr visit, about a month ago, switched a few remedies and have seen good results. he was having much sensory stuff -- swinging doors, sliding on boxes and cloths on floor, swinging pillows, napkins like lassos, constant movement and much striking brother and concern about fairness with brother. i've seen much improvement and the change is the remedy so i have to think it's due to that.

about 10 days before Christmas, nonpandas brother had bad stomach virus -- hit bad. about 5 days before Christmas, pandas son gets it but slightly -- only a day or two, only felt bad before diarrhea, otherwise, didn't even seem sick. not run down, nothing.

Christmas was a dream!! i am not complaining! he was sweet, focused, lovely to be around. normally, the internal and external excitement would have him bouncing off the walls -- quite literally. dh and i were marveling at how this med change was working! a month ago, things would definitely been different.

next day, i woke up and remembered last year (feb b/c i posted about it) he had a stomach virus and we saw fabulous improvement in behavior. i find this so bizarre. on that post, people mentioned they see such with fevers. others suggested could be food triggers that are not being eaten. ds didn't have these -- he's already on a quite restricted diet. of course, his eating was off, but not really too much. no fever. no other symptom but diarrhea.

yesterday, he seemed back to normal -- which is still good but some noticeable things. rather jumpy at grandma's house at dinner, loud - some normal symptoms for him. today, some upsets with brother.

i don't think it was just that Christmas was a happy day with lots to do. we've had plenty of happy days with lots to do that have been disasterous. i do think he's doing well on current meds but think that day was somehow due to previous diarrhea.

i can't get over how bizarre this is. any thoughts?

ds is doing fairly well. at dr visit, about a month ago, switched a few remedies and have seen good results. he was having much sensory stuff -- swinging doors, sliding on boxes and cloths on floor, swinging pillows, napkins like lassos, constant movement and much striking brother and concern about fairness with brother. i've seen much improvement and the change is the remedy so i have to think it's due to that.

about 10 days before Christmas, nonpandas brother had bad stomach virus -- hit bad. about 5 days before Christmas, pandas son gets it but slightly -- only a day or two, only felt bad before diarrhea, otherwise, didn't even seem sick. not run down, nothing.

Christmas was a dream!! i am not complaining! he was sweet, focused, lovely to be around. normally, the internal and external excitement would have him bouncing off the walls -- quite literally. dh and i were marveling at how this med change was working! a month ago, things would definitely been different.

next day, i woke up and remembered last year (feb b/c i posted about it) he had a stomach virus and we saw fabulous improvement in behavior. i find this so bizarre. on that post, people mentioned they see such with fevers. others suggested could be food triggers that are not being eaten. ds didn't have these -- he's already on a quite restricted diet. of course, his eating was off, but not really too much. no fever. no other symptom but diarrhea.

yesterday, he seemed back to normal -- which is still good but some noticeable things. rather jumpy at grandma's house at dinner, loud - some normal symptoms for him. today, some upsets with brother.

i don't think it was just that Christmas was a happy day with lots to do. we've had plenty of happy days with lots to do that have been disasterous. i do think he's doing well on current meds but think that day was somehow due to previous diarrhea.

i can't get over how bizarre this is. any thoughts?

i don't have thoughts on mechanism....but similarly....since ds has been in this year+ episode...if he gets ie stomach bug..his tics are non-existant...but he would not go panda with stomach bug in past either...

i wonder if the bug itself...like some of the things i read about, people who purposely give themselve certain parasites to heal some autoimmune deseases..(the toxins the parasites give off do something to the immune system)...for me..that seems to be more of the answere....it just keeps coming back to that...no one here has ever replied to the couple of posts i've put out about them

..i can't seem to put it not eating foods for my ds....trust me...we did gf/cf for more than 3 months and were pretty much just drinking water as we tried to find foods we liked and were almost starving for awhile

just like last year...i thought we had it....almost no tics for one day(in december over christmas)...he then said mom..my head really hurts...do i have to sled anymore(visiting in va) i said no

so i gave him some ibuprofren...he was a little more active and wanted to do somemore runs...then the next day the tics were back...

i also wonder if, through having diarrhea, he accelerates the overall elimination of waste products related to PANDAS or inflammation or any other things - yeast for example - that are related to the PANDAS behaviors? Maybe using charcoal or Pectasol, if you're not already, can help mimic some of the benefit you see, by binding those waste products inside his gut? It might be a good experiment, if nothing else?