ACN Latitudes Forums

DOES AZITH. MAKE YOUR CHILD WILD

No, and my child is prone to wild and aggressive. When we started zith, it did more for aggression than any psych med we had tried. If the zith increases aggression for your child it may suggest yeast problems or could be a herx reaction to something the zith is fighting/killing.

what is this herx reaction that people talk about.

Most organisms release toxins when they die and when alot of them die quickly it can overwhelm the body's ability to clear the toxins quickly enough. Lyme and related infections seem to produce a greater herx reaction than other infections- but when people talk about "yeast die off" its basically a herx reaction as well.

It could also just be side effects of the medications. If you read the label it says aggression and anxiety may be side effects. I usually think of herxing happening right away after you take a medicine. I don't think herxing kicks in three weeks later. So, all of this could just be a side effect.

My son is a little more easily set off and aggressive since switching to Azith 3 weeks ago. Other things are better, though. He is no longer sleeping on the floor of our room and is sleeping over at a friend's house. Too many symptoms to track!

We're planning to "tough it out" for another week and either go back to Augmentin or go off of antibiotics for a little while. His doctors want us to go off, but I do have 6 more months of Augmentin prescription if he really loses it when we stop the antibiotics. Now that I've finally gotten him off of lithium we can try ibuprofen.