ACN Latitudes Forums

Has anyone had Cefdinir Prescribed for

cfamily

We are still struggling with our dd9 after the ER visit yesterday. Has anyone had experience with Cefdinir being prescribed for their PANDAS child?

Hi, yes, I was on Omnicef 300 (brandname) for several months (March-June) last year. I definitely noticed improvement with it, but had to switch to another antibiotic after a small blip in June that Omnicef didn't fix for me.

We are still struggling with our dd9 after the ER visit yesterday. Has anyone had experience with Cefdinir being prescribed for their PANDAS child?

Hi, yes, I was on Omnicef 300 (brandname) for several months (March-June) last year. I definitely noticed improvement with it, but had to switch to another antibiotic after a small blip in June that Omnicef didn't fix for me.

Thank you for the info. :)

It was one of the 14 different courses of antibiotics we tried to clear active strep last year before figuring out that our kids were immune deficient. They did seem to improve while they were on it, but like with all the other drugs at the time, they got sick again the minute they finished the courses. I guess in that way it was no better and no worse than the other antibiotics they tried.