ACN Latitudes Forums

Vomiting three days after finishing IVIG... normal?

DS (9) had IVIG at Dr. B's this past Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday morning he had a headache, but it was better after advil and benedryl. He felt good on Wednesday and Thursday, but I kept him home from school. I sent him today and he came home at 3 saying he was nauseous and he threw up shortly after. He threw up again a little while ago. He head "doesn't feel great" he says, but he doesn't have a bad headache. No fever. Is this likely a side effect of the IVIG, or could it be that his tummy is just over done from all the prednisone, advil, etc. He finished the prednisone on Wednesday, but I did give him a dose of advil before school today.

Is there anything that those who have gone through this have tried for nausea?

DS got the migraine first night and another the end of second day (gave predisone both times) - and horrible vomiting - could not believe the amount of bile he produced - on third night post ivig (so ivig on Thurs and Friday, vomiting started Sunday at about 10pm). Vomited about 6 times, once per hour, and had about 2 cups of bile even on the 6th time. I was on the way to the ER if it happened one more time. Stopped at 5:00 am.