ACN Latitudes Forums

PANDAS awareness ribbon

I have been thinking for quite some time that we also should have a ribbon to increase awareness and support research of PANDAS. So, I completed my design for one today. I'll post it on the main page, but here is the link: PANDAS awareness ribbon

Anyone is welcome to use this design for the purpose of increasing awareness and supporting PANDAS research as long as it is respectful to the children and families who have been impacted by this condition.

The GREEN ribbon represents a healthy future life for the victims of PANDAS...

The HANDS represent us walking alongside our children, holding their hands... (taken from a photo my husband took for this ribbon of my dau (PANDAS) and me, holding hands... she chose the one she liked the best)

WHITE for their innocence...

SAWTOOTH EDGES for the up and down nature of this condition and what it does to the lives of the children and their families.

Feel free to link to your profile or utilize in other ways to increase awareness & support research, as long as it is respectful toward the children and families with this condition. Thank you!

Edited by browneyesmom

I have been thinking for quite some time that we also should have a ribbon to increase awareness and support research of PANDAS. So, I completed my design for one today. I'll post it on the main page, but here is the link: PANDAS awareness ribbon

Anyone is welcome to use this design for the purpose of increasing awareness and supporting PANDAS research as long as it is respectful to the children and families who have been impacted by this condition.

The Green ribbon represents a healthy future life for the victims of PANDAS,

The White hands represent us walking alongside our children, holding their hands... white for their innocence.

Seems to me that could be easily replicated on an actual ribbon by simply tying a small knot with a white ribbon to represent the hands.

Anyway, thought I'd share it... feel free to link to your profile or utilize in other ways to increase awareness & support research, as long as it is respectful toward the children and families with this condition. Thank you!

This is beautiful and the innocent hands are so true.

Thank you, Kim. Those hands are actually from a photo my husband took for this ribbon of my dau (severe case of PANDAS) and I holding hands. She knew I was working on a ribbon for PANDAS. She chose the pic she liked the best of the ones he took and I used that one; I felt it was important to involve a child who has PANDAS in the project.

I plan to look into finding out about ways we could have real ribbons made available online for people who wish to wear them. I'd be delighted if the money raised could go toward PANDAS research. Probably a small amount, I realize, but every bit helps... and perhaps the greater impact will be increasing awareness for the need for research to help our children. If anyone happens to know of somewhere I might do that, I'd welcome the info. :)

Everyone... please feel free to use/display this ribbon in any way you feel might help children who have this condition.

Magnets!!! What a great idea!! Ahh... bumper stickers too! I hadn't even gotten that far!!! Thanks!!

I am looking at CafePress right now to see what I can learn about getting that started... they have a wide variety of items on which it could be placed!

Edited by browneyesmom

Sorry for the inconvenience... I worked on this more today and have this final version now.

The GREEN ribbon represents a healthy future life for the victims of PANDAS...

The HANDS represent us walking alongside our children, holding their hands... (taken from a photo my husband took for this ribbon of my dau (PANDAS) and me, holding hands... she chose the one she liked the best)

WHITE for their innocence...

SAWTOOTH EDGES for the up and down nature of this condition and what it does to the lives of the children and their families.

I edited above posts so the links are all working if anyone wants to use it. I posted various sizes on Photobucket so it is easier to use.

Denise

• 1 month later...

Sorry Wilma... not yet, but I have been looking into it when I can & just wanted to share the ribbon with all of you. There are also some picbadges of it available on Facebook. I've been so wrapped up in my DD11's situation that I don't have much time... you know how it is. I do plan to make that happen... it's just a matter of time and locating the right place to make them into buttons, magnets, shirts, etc. and having the funds go to support PANDAS/PITAND in some way.

Until I get the ordering in place, please... feel free to use the link to post it and increase awareness and support research for our children! Thanks! :)

Here is a pic of the updated ribbon, to include PITAND and link to where I have it posted on a public Photobucket page: http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/dgrubbs1/Causes/

PANDASPITANDAwarenessRibboncopy.jpg

Edited by browneyesmom

• 2 weeks later...

Bump... also want some feedback about where we might send funds for research using profits raised from sales of the ribbon I designed.

I'm trying to locate a place online that will print buttons, magnets, apparel, etc for us, to help in raising awareness and I want the profits to go to supporting research... where do you all think funds are most needed? Thanks!

Wonderful~ what a great idea. Quite creative!

I will have to practice saying:

Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal infections

;-) Doesn't quite roll off my tounge yet.

Edited by S & S

I think that is absolutely beautiful!! I want MANY of them for myself, my family and my friends who have been helping my family through this. That is such a wonderful idea. I have a friend who does the printing on shirts and so on and I would love to talk to her about helping if you would be ok with that? But it is amazing the way everyone on here pulls together. God Bless all of Us!!

Edited by Destiny's Mom

lol @ S & S ;) Doesn't it? :P

Destiny's Mom... I was just about to post it on CafePress... just a little more "fine print" reading to do first.... but I have not yet done it.

I was thinking that I would post it there because I like that anyone can go on there and choose whatever product they want and get the image on it. If you'd like to check prices and let me know... I'm open to looking other places; but, I am also going to have to get a separate vendor for silly bands for kids (my PANDAS dd11's idea!! :) ) so we are already looking at at least two separate vendors... let me know your thoughts... Thanks!! :)

lol @ S & S ;) Doesn't it? :P

Destiny's Mom... I was just about to post it on CafePress... just a little more "fine print" reading to do first.... but I have not yet done it.

I was thinking that I would post it there because I like that anyone can go on there and choose whatever product they want and get the image on it. If you'd like to check prices and let me know... I'm open to looking other places; but, I am also going to have to get a separate vendor for silly bands for kids (my PANDAS dd11's idea!! :) ) so we are already looking at at least two separate vendors... let me know your thoughts... Thanks!! :)

Awesome! I will be your best customer, LOL. After you get everything up and running please post for us. My dd11 loves the silly bands, so I will defintely get some of those too! Your talent is a blessing from God!