ACN Latitudes Forums

CAN THEY LEAD A NORMAL LIFE?

Eight years ago I lived minute by minute and could not allow myself to think about the future. It was so scary to think about what could be. If PANDAS was rated on a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being the worst I can say my daughter was a 15. The scars take long to heal and I am still at that stage. The child I watched grow and suffer is away at college and enjoying life the way it was meant to be. It is not 100% but pretty close and to tell you the truth I really don't remember what 100% would look like. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, but it is a very long tunnel.

Thanks God!!! I really needed to hear that. I do believe that we are on the right path now. Man, it has been a long ten years. The pdoc. was really pushing for psych. ward, but I do see some improvement with the azith. I don't know how to thank all of you. I was so exhausted and out of juice, but I think I just got a burst of energy. :0)

A year ago I wondered the same thing. Today I KNOW they can get better. Nancy has it right. You need to find all the pieces to your particular puzzle and keep moving forward. If things are not moving in the right direction, its time to find another doctor. Today my dd is doing great (not 100% but fanfreakingtastic compared to a year ago) and I know she will one day get to 100% and maintain that. It just takes time. She was sick for over 3 years before we figured it out and another 7 months before she got her first ivig. We're on the right track. Healing just takes time.

Having hope and most importantly faith will get you through this. We have morphed into a new "NORMAL", my dd is much better, not 100%, but I don't think there really is a 100% anymore, this is part of who she is, and gaining some acceptance of that is allowing us to move forward and pull the most good out of the situation. It has brought dh and I closer together, my dd is learning to overcome adversity and find strength from deep within. It is funny, when my dd was 2 she fell at preschool and broke her 2 front teeth, shattered and needed to be picked out in ER operating room. As we sat in the waiting room, by dear but very vain husband was a mess freaking out about the loss. Not to sound crazy, but I knew right then and there, that this trauma was shaping her, and making her our "Hayden". Now that she is 8, we looked back so endearingly at our toothless little one- for about 5 years, she had no 2 front teeth, straggly hair, spunky attitude-my "perfect" little rugrat. I again feel like I am getting a glimpse into something that is molding her, going to define "Hayden" in many ways. I am actually excited to see how this pans out. Keep trucking, take it day by day. Don't let 1 bad moment ruin a whole day- I have really learned to live by this. Best to you.