ACN Latitudes Forums

Anyone know anything about Dr Shulman? Treating PANDAS

T_Mom

Thanks EAMom--Among her numerous YouTube posted clips on PANDAS issues, in one of them she makes reference to Jewish kids (I believe she noted prevalence of OCD--I can't remember exactly.) I found this interesting however, as though my family is not of Jewish descent, my mother in law has dystonia (in her case they think it is a rare Scandinavian type.) Regardless, there is a basal ganglia dystonia that is prevalent in a certain Jewish group. Again, basal ganglia involvement.

I wonder if anyone from the forum has seen Dr Susan Schulman?--and I am curious if she has been able to refer for IVIG or pex?

She appears to have treated PANDAS and speaks about it in a very knowledgeable fashion on the clips.

Edited by T.Mom

i googled after EA mom's suggestion -- there was discussion on this forum in Sept -- don't know how i missed it -- kimballot and vickie, i think? i don't know how to post the thread.

Tmom -- did you see that?

i don't really know of this, but seem to remember from Cure Unknown some talk about treating lyme with a similar method that Dr. Shulman suggests in this clip -- treating with abx, stopping, starting again when symptoms return, stopping, starting again. i guess pulse treating -- but i think based on symptoms not a set schedule.

Speaking of ancestry, here's some threads from awhile back...

Mediterranean heritage? Italian, Jewish, etc

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=6654&hl=poland

Do any of you have Anglo-Saxon Genes?

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=7073&st=0&p=56815&fromsearch=1entry56815

As for the older post about Dr Schulman, this was it...

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9797&st=0&p=82347&fromsearch=1entry82347

Edited by Vickie

My understanding is that she is a very popular pediatrician in the New York city, especially with the Jewish community. She has a zithromax tapering protocol that she apparently uses for pandas kids but my understanding is that she does not do pandas consults, at least over the phone anyway.

Edited by mom love

Thanks All-- Very interesting.

Kayanne, did you mean to say you heard she is not taking new patients?

Did you contact her? Situations change of course, maybe she does now--

From her presentations she appears to be quite knowledgeable, not a newbie. Wow! A PANDAS antibiotic treatment protocol actually posted on the internet--

She certainly appears knowledgeable and willing to treat--:)

Thanks All-- Very interesting.

Kayanne, did you mean to say you heard she is not taking new patients?

Did you contact her? Situations change of course, maybe she does now--

From her presentations she appears to be quite knowledgeable, not a newbie. Wow! A PANDAS antibiotic treatment protocol actually posted on the internet--

She certainly appears knowledgeable and willing to treat--:)

I sent you a pm.