ACN Latitudes Forums

Can someone explain cd 57 levels

dabel

Okay - I have also had to hop over from the PANDAS forum. I am trying to understand cd57 levels. So far two of my three PANDAS boys have been tested and I have been told that their results are low. One of these guys is now being treated for Lyme and I pray to God that the other does not have it! To treat him would be a nightmare! The one has cd57 of 63 and the other 60. Initially I was told that the 60 kid was in normal range and now after seeing a Lyme doc I am told this is low. He said they want it at 150 at the end of treatment. Based on the expected range they are both within the normal limits which is 60 -366, they are low end but still in range. Can someone explain this to me. I have researched it and still have not found the answer that I am looking for.

My girlfriend's son who is 7 sees the Dr. who discovered the cd57. They ran the test prior to Lyme treatment and his were 88 and were flagged as an issue on his labs. After he underwent treatment for 12 weeks they retested the cd57 and his numbers dropped to 54. I guess the dropping with treatment initially is typical. I am sorry but I am not sure what number they are targeting but I know its over 100.

My girlfriend's are in the 30s.. she is very fatigued and any exercise typically makes her worse.

I hope that helps a little but I think the fact that they are in the 60s is a concern.

-Wendy

Edited by SF Mom

Okay - I have also had to hop over from the PANDAS forum. I am trying to understand cd57 levels. So far two of my three PANDAS boys have been tested and I have been told that their results are low. One of these guys is now being treated for Lyme and I pray to God that the other does not have it! To treat him would be a nightmare! The one has cd57 of 63 and the other 60. Initially I was told that the 60 kid was in normal range and now after seeing a Lyme doc I am told this is low. He said they want it at 150 at the end of treatment. Based on the expected range they are both within the normal limits which is 60 -366, they are low end but still in range. Can someone explain this to me. I have researched it and still have not found the answer that I am looking for.

I PM'd an article that I saved on my computer. Hopefully it goes through. I believe it has test result information that was interesting and surprising. It said that a low score can mean Lyme (Borrelia), Chlamydia pneu., or herzing. My ds # was 25! The Dr. said she had never seen one so low, but my son had been off abx for 1 week so not sure if he might have been herzing. She also said "she had never heard of chlamydia" causing low #'s. She had just diagnosed him with chlamydia and mico. right before we discussed his test results - go figure! Let me know if you do not get that article and I can try to send it another way.

Best wishes.

I PM'd an article that I saved on my computer. Hopefully it goes through. I believe it has test result information that was interesting and surprising. It said that a low score can mean Lyme (Borrelia), Chlamydia pneu., or herzing. My ds # was 25! The Dr. said she had never seen one so low, but my son had been off abx for 1 week so not sure if he might have been herzing. She also said "she had never heard of chlamydia" causing low #'s. She had just diagnosed him with chlamydia and mico. right before we discussed his test results - go figure! Let me know if you do not get that article and I can try to send it another way.

Best wishes.

Thanks - I got it! Hopefully it will clear this up for me.

All of these ranges on all of the various blood tests, keep in mind they are just made by some number-crunchers looking at ranges of what is typically seen. It is not good to assume that inside the range is healthy and outside the range is unhealthy, and everyone's view of healthy is different anyway.

Things I have heard about the numbers, from people who focus on lyme disease:

- when a score increases to 100 or more following treatment, it is a good sign that you may not relapse if you stop treatment, versus lower may indicate likelihood of relapse (I personally stopped treatment below 100, saw it go up the next month, but then way way down the following month, so it can lag as the buggies may take time to grow and weaken you)

- a score of around 200 is more an indication of being healthy, at least with respect to lyme

- a score below 60 may indicate you also have mycoplasma pneumonia

- a score below 60 indicates you are particularly struggling healthwise

All of these ranges on all of the various blood tests, keep in mind they are just made by some number-crunchers looking at ranges of what is typically seen. It is not good to assume that inside the range is healthy and outside the range is unhealthy, and everyone's view of healthy is different anyway.

Things I have heard about the numbers, from people who focus on lyme disease:

- when a score increases to 100 or more following treatment, it is a good sign that you may not relapse if you stop treatment, versus lower may indicate likelihood of relapse (I personally stopped treatment below 100, saw it go up the next month, but then way way down the following month, so it can lag as the buggies may take time to grow and weaken you)

- a score of around 200 is more an indication of being healthy, at least with respect to lyme

- a score below 60 may indicate you also have mycoplasma pneumonia

- a score below 60 indicates you are particularly struggling healthwise

Thanks Michael. What you wrote is interesting ...... both of these kids have recently tested positive for myco. Hmmmm

My llmd says over 100 is important to have before stopping treatment or else chance of relapse is high. Under 100 is suspicious for Lyme; under 60 is definitely Lyme acc to what I have heard. My llmd believes Lyme is the only thing that can destroy cd57 cells. I have also heard that some believe mold can depress cd57. Never heard anything about mycoplasma though. A healthy cd57 is over 150. I think the Lyme treatment is the same As the mycoplasma though so it doesn't matter so long as you get the right treatment.