ACN Latitudes Forums

behavior changes in the same day-common?

adkmom

Is it common during an exacerbation to see both really bad behavior and then good behavior in the same day? My ds4 had a drop in antibotics and the tic increased. During school, he was ticcing all day, hyper, unable to focus, stomach pains, kind of in a fog. Then once home and settled down,he seemed more content and calmer. If it wasn't for the tic, I'd think he was just being oppositional with the teachers. But the tic was terribly bad they said. Does anyone else see this type of behavior change in a short period of time?

thanks.

Is it common during an exacerbation to see both really bad behavior and then good behavior in the same day? My ds4 had a drop in antibotics and the tic increased. During school, he was ticcing all day, hyper, unable to focus, stomach pains, kind of in a fog. Then once home and settled down,he seemed more content and calmer. If it wasn't for the tic, I'd think he was just being oppositional with the teachers. But the tic was terribly bad they said. Does anyone else see this type of behavior change in a short period of time?

thanks.

For a long time, my daughter would be either very good at school or very good at home- in the same day.

But, could be some environmental trigger at school that sets it off- florescent lights, something they use to clean, a classmates scented lotion, book dust, dry erase markers....etc

Add another here! In fact, that's one thing that finally brought our psych over to our "PANDAS party" from the "regular OCD" positioning. The emotional lability that can swing on a pendulum every few MINUTES, never mind a couple times a day! He had to finally admit this was NOT "classic waxing and waning!"