ACN Latitudes Forums

Black Pupils

Yes, absolutely, when dd was in most severe exacerbation last April ,I had NO IDEA what was going on with her, but I kept telling my dh that her pupils were dilated, and what she was going through kind of seemed seizure like because she would be fine, then get a look of terror in her eyes, her pupils would dilate, she would be raging and crying at the same time but she wouldn't let me near her, then it would pass, and after a few minutes she would be normal again. Very scary stuff.

Ever since my girl was little, I kept telling everyone that her pupils seem like dialate after an hour of waking up. I still see it. Has anyone ever noticed this with their child?? Thanks for some advice.

dilated pupils can be a sign of PANDAS

it can also be a sign of serotonin syndrome (from SSRI's or other psych drugs) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serotonin_syndrome

Man, you guys are great. I am so glad I found you. This is such a roller coaster, but I think aftr ten long years, that I am on the right path. I feel hopeful now that I may be able to get this poor girl some help. Thanks everyone!!!

You are so welcome. That's exactly how I felt when I found this forum, and found that all the symptoms that I had been keeping a log on, and telling doctors about (most thought I was crazy, myself) were being seen in so many kids.