ACN Latitudes Forums

OHMYGOSH-SHE SLEPT LAST NIGHT

I started the azithromycen Sp??) last night and my 11 year old child slept peacefully for the first time. I have never seen her sleep like this even after a day full of really strenuous activity. I know it's too early to thind the azith. is helping, but i am reporting what i saw. she also said she had a sore throat and earaches last night. SHE NEVER GETS SICK!!!! Has anyone ever had this outcome from the abx????

Literally 6 hours after giving my dd7 her first dose of Zithromax, she fell asleep in my lap in the middle of the afternoon. I had to go online later to see if drowsiness was a side effect. But I couldn't find anything saying that. I didn't know if the meds were working that fast or whether she just had some sense of relief that we were finally doing something to treat her.

Here's to more restful nights for your daughter and you!

Kara

I wonder if it is the anti-inflammatory effect of Azithromycin that is doing this. Azith. is anti-inflammatory and immune modulating, in a addition to being an antibiotic.

My PANDAS dd used to often fall asleep after taking Advil (also anti-inflammatory) when her symptoms were bad.

I wonder if anyone has noticed this with other antibiotics?

On numerous occasions, we've seen nearly a 360 degree turn in symptoms 40 minutes after a dose of augmentin.

We also saw a strep-scarletina rash erupt after being on Augmentin for nearly 2 months. Dr called it a strep release.

Don't recall getting more sleep during exacerbation but each child is different. I look forward to more posts from you about restful, wonderful sleep. Sleep can make such a huge difference in EVERYONE'S life.

Mary

from Michigan

My son has been on augmentin for 10 months. He just switched to azith three weeks ago. Just you wait! Wow! Azith is awesome. Just awesome. Keep a journal and track what you are seeing. You will see some things pop up that are old but it is mixed in with some amazing improvements. It is almost like after my son had ivig where we saw a turning back of the pages. I can't wait to see where this drug takes us. And yes, sleeping well was the first glimpse of good things to come.

One could theorize that the three ivig's he had this summer are really kicking in but I think it is to much of a coincidence that amazing improvements started after the azith. Remember, it is mixed in with some crazy stuff but the crazy stuff last about 10-30 minutes and then it is back to the good stuff.

Wait until around day 14. You will be in for a surprise.

Edited by PhillyPA

My son started azith about a week ago. Since then he has slept over at a friends house (really amazing for him) and slept in his bedroom instead of on the floor in our room. He's still having a really hard time with his mood and yelling at very little provocation. One step at a time!

I started the azithromycen Sp??) last night and my 11 year old child slept peacefully for the first time. I have never seen her sleep like this even after a day full of really strenuous activity. I know it's too early to thind the azith. is helping, but i am reporting what i saw. she also said she had a sore throat and earaches last night. SHE NEVER GETS SICK!!!! Has anyone ever had this outcome from the abx????

How is your DS today? Been praying that this is a good sign for her. Also, the sleep is so precious to us ALL! Prayers that today finds you all getting sleep!