ACN Latitudes Forums

Frequent urination question

ajcire

My thinking is that lyme is cyclical and could have a wax and wane pattern like pandas. Lyme has three stages and a life cycle so this can cause symtoms to come and go. The coming and going is commonly seen in lyme.

Someone with more lyme experience than me may be able to give a better explanation than that.

Susan

PS... I am very confused about which symptoms are lyme and which are pandas in my girls. I am just holding on to the thought that they will all be resolved with lyme treatment but only time will tell.

Edited by Suzan

My children's immune systems are so sensitve that they have flares of frequent urination as they are exposed to poor air quality. Visiting a friend's house and playing in the basement, the days that my daughter has basketball practice in the gym at the "old school", the days that I wash the floors or dust their bedrooms also sets off their body's response. They will not only urinate frequently, but the black circles under their eyes reappear, their thinking becomes a bit confused, and some of their tics/habits may reappear depending on how bad the exposure was. Sure enough though, it goes away and the frequent urination stops until the next exposure. Just this week I counted my son visiting the bathroom 6 times in two hours after school one day. I finally realized that he had an assembly in the gym (where they have to sit on the floor for an hour). I believe that all the children in the room kicked up all the dust on the floor and caused a reaction in his body. Whenever he has an "assembly" this happens. He used to get headaches in the past whenever they had assemblys, but thankfully his body is a bit stronger now and the headaches seem to be kept at bay. That is my experience with frequent urination.

I had this problem and could not make a correlation to when it started or stopped with illnesses or a cycle of anything. However, it did increase both times when I was put on Azithromycin 'only'. I no longer suffer from this issue since combo'd antibiotics and Lyme treatment.

I do know Lyme loves the bladder and oftentimes when someone suffers from Lyme it makes it difficult to eradicate other bacteria's fully and UTI can be an ongoing problem/low grade infections. I also know I was dumping excess WBCs and RBCs into my urine which can be from chronic infection/inflammation. I view it as a 'real' physical issue... the urge is similar to feeling like you have a bladder infection with very little release but no pain just urge. I had been to the Dr. several times thinking it was a bladder infection. My father-in-law is a urologist and confirms cranberry juice helps due to acidic nature to clear infection.... just like your urine should do. Maybe trying cranberry juice to see if it helps when flair occurs.

Edited by SF Mom