ACN Latitudes Forums

Letter to Santa - had to share this

laure

Dd9 wrote a long letter to Santa with 10 gift requests, with a note on the bottom "Turn to back." On the back of the letter she wrote this:

"I suspect you know I've been sick with strep cause you see me when I'm sleeping, you know when I'm awake. And I was hoping you could fit a little hope down my chimney. Please?

Love,

Your most famous admirer, Sophie"

Guess all of us are praying in our own ways!

Blessings to all of you PANDAS moms and dads out there, wishing for a little holiday hope.

Edited by laure

Dd9 wrote a long letter to Santa with 10 gift requests, with a note on the bottom "Turn to back." On the back of the letter she wrote this:

"I suspect you know I've been sick with strep cause you see me when I'm sleeping, you know when I'm awake. And I was hoping you could fit a little hope down my chimney. Please?

Love,

Blessings to all of you PANDAS moms and dads out there, wishing for a little holiday hope.

That is too cute!

It IS so hard on THEM! And I forget that sometimes because I am so confused and angry and tired of being yelled at, and tired of not knowing/understanding the rules of her OCD. But one day she told me how, if she has a saxophone lesson, which happens after lunch in school, she has to remember to buy lunch because that is faster, and line up early to go to the bathroom to wash her hands, which takes 10 minutes because of OCD, then hurry straight to her lesson without going to her classroom first, because by then she is always late, etc. etc. It's so much for a 9 year old to have to worry about, and that is just one small part of her day. She hates to talk about being sick, or hear about it, or think about it. And there are others so much more ill than she is. My prayers go out to all of these helpless, innocent kids. They are so undeserving of their plight.

Love,

It's sad Sophie is sick with strep. She's not on antibiotics then full-time to keep the strep away then? I hope she gets her wish. I will pray for her.

It IS so hard on THEM! And I forget that sometimes because I am so confused and angry and tired of being yelled at, and tired of not knowing/understanding the rules of her OCD. But one day she told me how, if she has a saxophone lesson, which happens after lunch in school, she has to remember to buy lunch because that is faster, and line up early to go to the bathroom to wash her hands, which takes 10 minutes because of OCD, then hurry straight to her lesson without going to her classroom first, because by then she is always late, etc. etc. It's so much for a 9 year old to have to worry about, and that is just one small part of her day. She hates to talk about being sick, or hear about it, or think about it. And there are others so much more ill than she is. My prayers go out to all of these helpless, innocent kids. They are so undeserving of their plight.

It is hard to keep in mind what they are going through when they are trying to physically and verbally destroy you. In a recent conversation I had with a dear friend, who has children with this also, I told her that it helps me to picture them with a big gapping wound in thier forehead. Otherwise, on the outside they can look normal but the brain is so wounded!

Laure, I let my little girl suffer for four years with PANDAS. When I finally got her the treatment she needed on October 28, I cried and apologized to her for not fighting harder to get to the right doctor. My girl has PANDAS, and if your daughter has PANDAS she can get a lot better with the right treatment.