ACN Latitudes Forums

sierra mist natural?

mommynme

just wanting thoughts on sierra mist natural...i am still trying to figure out all of the artificial stuff...my daughter loves soft drinks. however, i hardly ever buy them. but on the weekends, pizza nights, movie nights, etc. we have always let our children have a soda with their snacks...so now i am looking into alternative "sodas". saw sierra mist natural in the store the other day, and it looked better than most. no artificial dyes, no high fructose corn syrup, no caffeine...so, what do you all think??

just wanting thoughts on sierra mist natural...i am still trying to figure out all of the artificial stuff...my daughter loves soft drinks. however, i hardly ever buy them. but on the weekends, pizza nights, movie nights, etc. we have always let our children have a soda with their snacks...so now i am looking into alternative "sodas". saw sierra mist natural in the store the other day, and it looked better than most. no artificial dyes, no high fructose corn syrup, no caffeine...so, what do you all think??

Definately better than what's in other sodas. Once in a while (and I mean really infrequently) we allow something like this for our son, but in his case too much of any sugar, even raw cane sugars etc. will effect him. Not necessarily tics but then behaviourally, hyper and unfocused, impulsive. In this case it may be a try and watch for reactions. Remember though that pizza has many possible triggers (dairy, wheat, possibly nitrates and artificials)so it may be hard to tell if it's pizza or soda!

Good luck!

I would also consider shopping at Whole Foods, Newflower Market or Trader Joes if they are near where you live; they have great alternatives to sugar-based sodas (as well as not using artificial ingredients), often made with Stevia. We buy Hansen's when it's well-priced!

I agree with the Hansen's & we also buy natural cane sugar soda from the health food store, but we really limit it to special occasions.

Are you tired of reading labels yet? I know I am.

Our local pizza place (which we love, we are very friendly with them) just started offering gluten free pizza. I'm so excited to try it. Doesn't solve the dairy issue for us, but 1 out of 2 isn't bad! :)

Edited by Lynn777

• 2 weeks later...