ACN Latitudes Forums

Tonsillectomy

We saw an ENT at G'town hospital yesterday. he was not he ENT a few people ( including a few forum mom's and Dr L-if she had returned my call) recommended. He was the recommendation of a few friends in the area for typical tubes/tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy, etc. I am glad the recommended him. I was very adamant that I would want this surgery ( and we are scheduled now) in a hospital setting....not a surgey center.

The most impressive moment for me?? Well, telling no one on his staff that we were "PANDAS" but meeting him for the first 30 seconds and he asked "why we were there" to which I said" We have had strep A LOT over the past year and it has been followed by EXTREME anxiety, RAGE, pood handwriting, oh and did I mention severe anxiety?" To which he said, "Well, had she been seen for PANDAS symdrome?"

AMEN.

That was all he had to say to make me a believer.

He said even if you "took the PANDAS out" of the equation my DD is meeting all the criteria for a typical tonsillectomy ( strep 5 times in a year AND he was very impressed that she had it over the summer-----so not just a aschool time reaction).

So we are scheduled 12/17. Hopefully, we won't miss much school and feel better by Christmas.

Oh, and did he think it would help PANDAS? "It might even things out".

That is fine with me right now.