ACN Latitudes Forums

need help explaining to vet

After many years of going to people doctors and many many family titers testing, I now have my eyes set on one of the dogs being the culprit.

We got dog JAN 08 and then a few months later everything when wrong.

Why did I not see this until now????

Still, my daughter is better on antibiotics and has had 3 IVIGs, but I think dog is reinfecting her.

Could this be????

Right now Dog has Blood blister type cyst on her chest.

But after I asked for a month of antibiotics just to see what happens I found by giving double dose of prescribed not only is the blister getting smaller.

I feel like daughters tics are better too. Might also be from the IVIG. I still want to pursue running blood tests on dog.

I am having a hard time gathering my thought on what to say to Vet and what blood tests I will need to get. Does anyone have any thoughts to help me out. I have brain fog myself right now. TOO much on my plate.

Thank you

We have treated our dogs with strong abx.

Our vet said to get a strep culture accurately in the dogs we would need to put both to sleep for the procedure--so we went ahead and just treated the dogs.

Don't worry about the vet, just tell them that your kids are having neuro-psychiatric issues possibly related to strep--and that you have been told to get the dogs treated.

:) they may look at you oddly, but most likely will be glad to treat.

Edited by T.Mom