ACN Latitudes Forums

how long do you see effects from ingesting dyes?

keeptrying

My dd had a beverage with red dye #40 it it - not realizing - I poured her a glass.... I noticed her tics were pretty bad soon after and all evening. How long does this junk stay in your system? I have read days but wonder if that is true? Would tics stay increased the entire time while it clears from the body?

Any suggestions? thanks

Hi! Early on in cleaning up our ds diet, I remember offending foods taking somewhere between 3-5 days to clear his body, now it is much shorter, sometimes within a day! I think the artificial colours were the worst, maybe their reaction in the body is longer than other triggers...who knows? Are you seeing any change since your post?

Epsom salt baths, lots of clean drinking water....

Megan

Edited by mommyfor4

Hi! Early on in cleaning up our ds diet, I remember offending foods taking somewhere between 3-5 days to clear his body, now it is much shorter, sometimes within a day! I think the artificial colours were the worst, maybe their reaction in the body is longer than other triggers...who knows? Are you seeing any change since your post?

Epsom salt baths, lots of clean drinking water....

Megan

Thanks for your post. I am not sure if I am seeing anything changing yet. She had it on Saturday night so this is our 4th day. Her tics are fluctuating so much right now it is hard to tell. I do notice some red cheeks too which is usually a sign that something is bothering her.