ACN Latitudes Forums

You know you're a PANDAS parent when...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm....I did that one. But, I did it to actually see what I would score (which was in the higher than average range) and I did see that test wasn't the fluff quizzes like others. The one that bothered me the most was "How OCD are You" or "What Mental Illness are You".

UGH!!! Did you see the Facebook "Autism Quotient Test"?! Drove me INSANE! Gotta admit... I called out every single person who posted it. So stupid.

I meant the people who took it seriously! There was one girl (18 yo) who LOST IT thinking she had Rett's thanks to FaceBook & Wikipedia.

When you walk into your child's room, notice that it is a mess, and you are so proud of him.

When you have become so insistent on frequent hand washing to prevent the germs that caused pandas that you are not sure if you are helping your child's OCD or making it worse.

When you walk into your local pharmacy to get your latest refill of abx and the pharmacist tells you he would rather sell you greeting cards. (This one happened to me just the other day)

Edited by Debbie1

You know you are a PANDAS parent when:

You no longer care about your child's grades.

You keep a bottle of Advil in your purse.

You have a bin full of empty antibiotic pill bottles.

You allow your child to go out in public looking like "the wild child of the Northwoods" because, like wearing socks, hair brushing and teeth brushing has become too big of a battle to wage.

You have a sense of revulsion towards all Pandas that you see.

Edited by T.Mom

You know u r a PANDAS parent when you get a call on Saturday night at 11 p.m. from your kid saying that she can't stay at the retreat any more. She is too homesick and afraid. You jump in the car and drive the 100 miles to the retreat center grateful that she managed 24 hours of the retreat. You get home at 3 a.m.

When you're at kroger and you overhear a mom (standing there with her son) telling another mom he was just diagnosed with strep and had to stay home from school. You dart as far away as you can and proceed to complian to your husband how it's irresponsible of her to take him to a grocery store.

How when other moms tell you their kids' problems, you have a list of supplements and ideas of what to do for them to get better. Now, these moms don't know your child has PANDAS. So, you then being to wonder what they think of you and how you know all of this.

When you get on the automatic defense when friends on facebook post quizes and links about mental illness and make light of it.

UGH!!! Did you see the Facebook "Autism Quotient Test"?! Drove me INSANE! Gotta admit... I called out every single person who posted it. So stupid.

You know you're a P.A.N.D.A.S. kids when your friends know better than to vent to you.

"Ugh, & then Sally kissed Johnny & it was like, so messed up cos like I like Johnny & Sally isn't even cute like & like Sally knew that & like why would she do that to me? Oh my God. I am like... So depressed." ~ Friend.

"I've been having a bad day too. The Babesia, Bartonella, Ehrlichia, Anaplasma, & Mycoplasma tests all came back normal the same day I had an allergic reaction to the MSLT glue." ~ Me.

"Oh......." ~ Friend. (who probably has NO idea what I'm talking about anyway, haha.)

You know you're a P.A.N.D.A.S. kids when your friends call you for all of their ailments.

"Ailidh, my eye hurts."

"Eat a mango. More vitamin D than a carrot."

"Ailidh, my throat hurts."

"Rice pudding."

"Ailidh, I can't sleep."

"Melatonin & Valerian root."

They all call me Dr. Emerson. D:

When you're at kroger and you overhear a mom (standing there with her son) telling another mom he was just diagnosed with strep and had to stay home from school. You dart as far away as you can and proceed to complian to your husband how it's irresponsible of her to take him to a grocery store.

How when other moms tell you their kids' problems, you have a list of supplements and ideas of what to do for them to get better. Now, these moms don't know your child has PANDAS. So, you then being to wonder what they think of you and how you know all of this.

When you get on the automatic defense when friends on facebook post quizes and links about mental illness and make light of it.

You know you're a P.A.N.D.A.S. kids when your friends know better than to vent to you.

"Ugh, & then Sally kissed Johnny & it was like, so messed up cos like I like Johnny & Sally isn't even cute like & like Sally knew that & like why would she do that to me? Oh my God. I am like... So depressed." ~ Friend.

"I've been having a bad day too. The Babesia, Bartonella, Ehrlichia, Anaplasma, & Mycoplasma tests all came back normal the same day I had an allergic reaction to the MSLT glue." ~ Me.

"Oh......." ~ Friend. (who probably has NO idea what I'm talking about anyway, haha.)

You know you're a P.A.N.D.A.S. kids when your friends call you for all of their ailments.

"Ailidh, my eye hurts."

"Eat a mango. More vitamin D than a carrot."

"Ailidh, my throat hurts."

"Rice pudding."

"Ailidh, I can't sleep."

"Melatonin & Valerian root."

They all call me Dr. Emerson. D:

Where is the NJ support Group?

I got an email about one in Tarrytown NY this week.

OK sorry, I was too obsessed with getting rid of my sons PANDAS to play the game.

You know your a PANDAS parent when:

You are formulating questions to post on this forum in your sleep .

Your child's teacher calls and announces they have counted 1200 facial tic movements today on the golf counter and it is only lunch time.

You have to book Disney vacations 3 days before you leave because you never know if your kid is gonna be able to handle it or not until the last minute.

You have to book Disney vacations 3 days before you leave because you never know if your kid is gonna be able to handle it or not until the last minute.

We had tentatively planned DL for this week, decided Monday it wouldn't work out to leave on Tuesday.

When you see your childs teacher in the hall instead of a smile and polite "hello" you get: an eyeroll and an "UUGH" expression.I Know it shouldnt bother me by now but it does

When my son was in kindergarten last year, I wasn't making eye contact with or talking to his teacher by the end of the year, and I had been the Room Mom! (Undx'd PANDAS started the end of Jan & 2nd part of year was markedly different from the 1st half.) This year, his 1st grade teacher smiles at me all the time...I'm homeschooling. ;)