ACN Latitudes Forums

NeuroScience Neurotransmitter Testing...

Hi There...

I just got back our neurotransmitter test results:

Epinephrine - Normal

Norepinephrine - Extremely Elevated

Dopamine - Extremely Elevated

Serotonin - Elevated

Glycine - Normal

Taurine - Elevated

Gaba - Elevated

Glutamate - Elevated

PEA - Normal

Histamine - Elevated

Creatinine - Normal

Anyone else have similar results? Unfortunately I don't have our phone consult for two weeks, so I was curious.

Blessings to all!

Hi There...

I just got back our neurotransmitter test results:

Epinephrine - Normal

Norepinephrine - Extremely Elevated

Dopamine - Extremely Elevated

Serotonin - Elevated

Glycine - Normal

Taurine - Elevated

Gaba - Elevated

Glutamate - Elevated

PEA - Normal

Histamine - Elevated

Creatinine - Normal

Anyone else have similar results? Unfortunately I don't have our phone consult for two weeks, so I was curious.

Blessings to all!

I really can not give you the info you are asking for but I did want to tell you that our doctor uses NeuroScience and feels they are very good. I hope that helps knowing that the results might actually be accurate... I am curious about the extremely elevated dopamine - did they give you a reference range? If you feel comfortable, you can PM me because I am trying to learn about dopamine and how it might be playing into the picture for my dd. I hope you get them translated soon and that they help.

We've had Neuroscience testing and use some of their supplements. I can't help you with the results, as I've never been able to understand them and our doctor always has to interpret them and tell us what supplements to use. I can say that I have seen the supplements working. It's obvious when my husband is in charge for a few days, inevitably forgets the vitamins, and then calls me to tell me how out of control ds is! :P Also, when I asked the LLMD to cut down my son's supplement schedule to the bare minimum for his recent outdoor ed trip, he kept him on antibiotics, probiotics and the Neuroscience supps - says alot. (LLMD is not the one who ordered testing or recommended the Neuroscience supplements - it was our DAN doc.)

Hello KeepTrying...

The Dopamine normal range numbers are Day:115-175 and Night:75-120. DD's number was 456.9 which is extremely elevated. Not sure what to do with this info, but looking forward to my phone consultation 2 weeks from now.

We had those done last month. What are your dd's sx's? OCD? Tics? Anxiety?

My ds18 mainly has tics that have ocd triggers. He had low serotonin & gaba, along with high on all the excitatory transmitters except glycine, so we added supplements to increase serotonin & gaba, plus we went ahead & agreed to try the zoloft to see how much of a factor the low serotonin is in his case.

Not sure what you do when those two inhibitors are elevated on top of everything else - usually when the one group is raised, it helps bring down the others (normally the body uses them to maintain its balance). What were the recommendations given by Neuroscience?

Neuroscience is recommending Kavinace, PRT Calm Jr., and a spray (don't have the paper with me right now but I believe it's called...) Efevex? The wierd thing was that her dopamine AND serotonin were elevated. Main symptoms are anxiety, OCD, rages, and occasional tics. We haven't tried SSRIs yet, and I'm not sure it's a good idea with high serotonin.

Samsmom - I believe you can get the test from www.neurorelief.com . They have a list of local drs. for you that are familiar with the test. Our PANDAS doc is also one who treats autism (Dr. Rao in Plano) and he prescribed the test for us.

We've had Neuroscience testing and use some of their supplements. I can't help you with the results, as I've never been able to understand them and our doctor always has to interpret them and tell us what supplements to use. I can say that I have seen the supplements working. It's obvious when my husband is in charge for a few days, inevitably forgets the vitamins, and then calls me to tell me how out of control ds is! :P Also, when I asked the LLMD to cut down my son's supplement schedule to the bare minimum for his recent outdoor ed trip, he kept him on antibiotics, probiotics and the Neuroscience supps - says alot. (LLMD is not the one who ordered testing or recommended the Neuroscience supplements - it was our DAN doc.)

we had some supplements suggested to us from NeuroScience as well, would you mind sharing what your ds is using?

• 7 months later...

It's a urine test. My daughter had it done. She had extremely high Norepinephrine, high glutamate, high dopamine, high histamine, and high GABA. Serotonin was normal but on the low side of normal. Everything else was normal.

We never took the supplements.

Oops, just saw that she had slightly high glycine too.

Edited by Trg girl