ACN Latitudes Forums

Dot Blot Test...has anyone done this?

Fixit

I did the test when I got sick after stopping my Lyme treatment. I got a bicilpon shot that kills spirochetes and my result was positive.

Am i doing enough with the herbs to kick up some activity?

when i read band 39 is indicitive of bb...does that mean barbesia?

No bb means borelia burgforfia (sp?) which is another name for Lyme. I don't know if u r doing enough. My dot blot did two tests: Ifa? And PCR. I got a positive result on one and a negative on the other. My llmd told me that I got a positive on the one that is harder to get a positive result on, whatever that means. I think the dot blot is significant if positive because it finds the bacteria itself, not the antibodies, however a negative does not mean it isn't there. Why wouldn't they give u a bicillin shot?

The western blot only tests for Lyme. There are separate tests for babesia and bartonella and they are just as unreliable in terms of often being falsely negative.

Edited by lyme mom

No bb means borelia burgforfia (sp?) which is another name for Lyme. I don't know if u r doing enough. My dot blot did two tests: Ifa? And PCR. I got a positive result on one and a negative on the other. My llmd told me that I got a positive on the one that is harder to get a positive result on, whatever that means. I think the dot blot is significant if positive because it finds the bacteria itself, not the antibodies, however a negative does not mean it isn't there. Why wouldn't they give u a bicillin shot?

The western blot only tests for Lyme. There are separate tests for babesia and bartonella and they are just as unreliable in terms of often being falsely negative.

idk...everything i do, has to be done 5 more times..gets lost in the mail...forgot to order it....it's exhausting...

i am sending the blot off today, as we did last urine sample...

i called a different lyme doc last night...waiting to hear back(a different male md(lymes) doc in ashville nc

and i'm hoping another forum mom is sending me some info for a doc in NY....

i think i am going to get some blood work done for me....again i don't think i have it...

but i'll have them draw my thyroid..check strep titers, myco p, and ask for a cd57...if i do have it..then regardless of ds results i would believe all my kids have it(from what i 've read)and really push harder....

we are ready to move to something bigger ....

any thoughts on anything else i should check for in regular blood work...

dh is getting his tonsils out at the end of the month!!!!!