ACN Latitudes Forums

Rynatan

So my dd's allergies are acting up. Her allergist gave her Rynatan. I gave her 1 dose and 45 minutes later she was in a complete meltdown. Has anyone had that before while using allergy meds? I usually don't give her anything but Benadrly for them.

So my dd's allergies are acting up. Her allergist gave her Rynatan. I gave her 1 dose and 45 minutes later she was in a complete meltdown. Has anyone had that before while using allergy meds? I usually don't give her anything but Benadrly for them.

Mine does that with benedryl!

Mine does that with benedryl!

Mine does well on Loratidine 10mg. He also did well a few years ago on Singulair that was given more for immune modulation than actual allergies but certainly helped with his seasonal stuff as well. Over on the MB12/Valtrex yahoo group today a mom (one of the brilliants, too) reported big success with her son's PANDAS symptoms with Ketotifen (an anti-allergy/antihistamine with secondary effects on the adrenergic system. I called our pharmacist whose been watching my son's journey for 5 yrs to ask her about it. She says from what she can see it's not available orally in the U.S. (The mom online is in western Europe). It is sold here in the form of an eye drop marketed as Zyrtec Itchy Eye Drops or Clariten Eye. Possibly available in Canada with an Rx. May be worth further investigation.

Our DS13 has very pronounced seasonal allergies; pollen gets him in the spring and the fall, and mold hits hard in the fall, as well. We've had really good success with Zyrtec by day and Benedryl by night if he's stuffy. He also takes one hit per nostril per day of a prescription generic equivalent of Flonase.