ACN Latitudes Forums

mycoplasma infection

Cassi

My dd8 lab results for mycoplasma just came back and it showed her IgG was 3.27. Her Cam Kinase level is 181 & her ASO & Anti-DNAseB levels show in the normal range. What does it mean if she has a mycoplasma infection? Can mycoplasma also cause PANDAS? She did the lab work after being on 250 mg of zithromax for 7 days. Does it mean that she currently has pneumonia or does it mean she had pneumonia at some point? If anyone knows more details about mycoplasma and could share the information with me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Is the antibiotic/medical treatment similar for Myco P/PITAND as it is for strep/PANDAS?

For myco, you'll need an abx that takes care of intracellular microbes.

This is my question...abx for how long for a chronic myco-p infection and how do you know when it is gone since the titers can take awhile to descend? And I had asked this on the Lyme board....can chronic myco-p form and hide in cysts where the macrolides may not be effective in erradicating it?

For myco, you'll need an abx that takes care of intracellular microbes.

Zithromax does that, right? I believe that's what the FAQ says...Just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly.

Thanks again,

Kara

Yes, Zith is intracellular.