ACN Latitudes Forums

Hair smells...toxin releasing?

kmom

For months been saying DD's hair doesn't smell normal. It never smells good no matter how many different shampoos/cond. she tries. A while ago I thought, maybe it's toxins being released?? Anyone experience this?

My dd9 has this issue sometimes and I have wondered why. I never thought of detoxing but I think it's a good thought. I assumed she was going through some hormonal change. I have also noticed that she has more body odor than before. But she has not started her lyme treatment yet, just her pandas treatment.

Susan

PS.... how many people smelled their own hair after reading this? :lol:

Looking back @ DD's 1st Communion pictures last spring, b/f we suspected anything but mood lability which we chucked off to post T&A and bilateral tubes surgery, we remember her hair being very dull and her face looking so pale. I remember thinking maybe she's entering puberty but she was only 8 yrs. old and no other symptoms of puberty. It's just a distinct difference in smell. The LLMD's receptionist said to definitely mention it to Dr. tomorrow. I just can't wait to see him. Last night and this AM she cried and said she felt like something was eating at her temples/brain. I feel like everyday is that movie Groundhog Day...relive the same day, day after day. :wacko:

I have experience with the body odor symptom, I would guess it is just detoxing from all the poisons. It can happen even without treatment, that was when it was at its worst in my experience. The body is always detoxing, even for healthy people, but for unhealthy people there is more to detox, and some will come out even without specific efforts from taking pills or whatever.

My oldest son has had the mousey smelling hair for years. Even right after a bath or shower, his hair does not smell fresh. I have noticed this since at least 7 years old, and he is now 15. Since hitting puberty a few years ago, the problem is worse. He has a diagnosis of PDD, but we are treating for PANDAS and looking into Lyme. His little brother who has severe autism (non-verbal), severe PANDAS symptoms and possible Lyme, does NOT have the mousey hair problem. He smells fresh as a daisy after a shower. So I am always intrigued by the hair issue.

I have experience with the body odor symptom, I would guess it is just detoxing from all the poisons. It can happen even without treatment, that was when it was at its worst in my experience. The body is always detoxing, even for healthy people, but for unhealthy people there is more to detox, and some will come out even without specific efforts from taking pills or whatever.