ACN Latitudes Forums

feed a cold--supplements

My daughter came down with a cold on Thursday. I'm sure it added to the herxing from the IVIG (she always has an increase of behavorial symptoms before the illness presents itself). My dd's colds are always in her sinusus. Can anyone recommend some suggestions to help prevent it from turning into a sinus infection. Or any supplements to take? We use nasal spray with xylitol (she won't use a neti-pot). She takes a multi and I started with extra Vit C. We are awaiting delivery of Sy-Immune, so will begin that shortly.

Also, has anyone used Amantilla for anxiety? I think it's from Nutramedix.

Thanks!

Hi PhilaMom,,

I highly recommend high doses of Transfer Factor and Querciplex (quercitin), and also using Ocean Sinus Rinse. My DD won't use the netti pot but she will use the Ocean Sinus Rinse and boy it really helps. I use this regime too. We both have a problem with sinusitis.

Nancy

My daughter came down with a cold on Thursday. I'm sure it added to the herxing from the IVIG (she always has an increase of behavorial symptoms before the illness presents itself). My dd's colds are always in her sinusus. Can anyone recommend some suggestions to help prevent it from turning into a sinus infection. Or any supplements to take? We use nasal spray with xylitol (she won't use a neti-pot). She takes a multi and I started with extra Vit C. We are awaiting delivery of Sy-Immune, so will begin that shortly.

Also, has anyone used Amantilla for anxiety? I think it's from Nutramedix.

Thanks!

You may want to think about adding zinc, too. If you child is a low methylator (and honestly, I'd bet most PANDAS kids are) she will be deficient in zinc on a good day. It will help lessen the severity of cold symptoms. Try to give it away from other supps, particularly calcium. My son is 16, 125lbs and I dose 50mg before bed along with his melatonin and probiotics. Zinc was one of the first things our DAN! put into his lineup years ago and even when times are good, I add it and vit c back through the winter months. HTH