ACN Latitudes Forums

Treatment Update Blake - 12 yr old female (6 Weeks0

Hierge

I haven't seen Blake for six weeks since the day we had our first appt. in Dr. L's office in Bethesda.

She had soccer season and games on all my weekends so I gave in and let her play. Anyway, I picked her up off of the bus and first off I noticed that her face has completely filled out now. She was diagnosed at 69 lbs with anorexia. That's not an issue anymore, clearly. I should attach photos it's that dramatic, but it's too late his evening to get a good photo.

I watched her over dinner tonight as she played on her Ipod. Zero ticks and fidgeting with her fingers. And I mean Z E R O tics. She's more or less back to "normal" or what I think she must be like when she's not under the influence of PANDAS. This is the first time I can remember her like this in several years.

It's weird because it's been so many weeks. She finished the steroid burst two weeks ago and is on 500mg Augmentin. One huge tablet broken in half twice a day.

I had a three hour drive with her home in the car. The entire time she laughed with her sister and there was none of the pushing and fighting I witnessed the last time. She used to fight for space in the back seat. I did notice some "eye rolling" when she described how all fourth graders (her sis) went on the field trip to Jamestown... so passe these days! I guess. I called her on this and she was nice about it.

None of the darkness or fears I have gotten so used to. Tonight I tried to get her to order eyeglasses by the size on her frames and she expressed anxiety about her bully mom not letting any unapproved glasses on her. I thought about PANDAS and concluded that her mom is just a control freak. She has been abusing Blake mentally to control PANDAS until this point. Blake is still afraid of her controlling behavior.... sigh.

I had her in my lap looking at glasses on the laptop and she actually got too warm so I asked her to move to the couch. She was a bag of bones last time I saw her so I am amazed there too. She's actually a pretty little girl now, not an anorexia poster child. I bet she's gained ten pounds in the last six weeks.

Praise the man upstairs!

I asked Blake to write about her experience. She agreed to do so in long hand this weekend. So perhaps I can get this in her words. I just asked her and am reporting live: She is no longer deathly afraid of the dark, watches movies with no difficulty going to sleep if they were scary, no "episodes" where she would cry and her mom forcing her to not cry, much happier, happy to be off of concerta which caused depression, no tics or hand movements.

This pretty much covers all her PANDAS related behaviors. So, Prednisone and Augmentin have been working.

More later.

Dave H.

YYYYEEEEYYYYY!!! Praise God.

I have been thinking about your daughter this week Dave--

(my husband sat next to you at the pizza dinner in D.C. this summer :)

So, so happy for you all--

Hey, thanks so much. You and your husband are the ones that got me on the right track. I will be happy to buy you dinner some day.

YYYYEEEEYYYYY!!! Praise God.

I have been thinking about your daughter this week Dave--

(my husband sat next to you at the pizza dinner in D.C. this summer :)

So, so happy for you all--

Hey, thanks so much. You and your husband are the ones that got me on the right track. I will be happy to buy you dinner some day.

:) what a blessing this forum has been--