ACN Latitudes Forums

Zoloft

So its been a great 15 days! My DD is getting dressed with out fighting showering on her own. Homework being done. No meltdowns. playing nice with sisters. Can reason well with others. Its wonderful. Her Tics are still here. So we started her on Zoloft a few days ago. She has been humming, singing and talking to herself most of the day. Not sure what this means. Her teacher hasn't called me yet so I am not sure if she is doing it in school. I am wondering if its from the Zoloft. She was on Celexa and did not have this issue. Any ideas?

So its been a great 15 days! My DD is getting dressed with out fighting showering on her own. Homework being done. No meltdowns. playing nice with sisters. Can reason well with others. Its wonderful. Her Tics are still here. So we started her on Zoloft a few days ago. She has been humming, singing and talking to herself most of the day. Not sure what this means. Her teacher hasn't called me yet so I am not sure if she is doing it in school. I am wondering if its from the Zoloft. She was on Celexa and did not have this issue. Any ideas?

So you're saying the positive changes arrived AFTER starting Zoloft? Or they were in evidence before, but now she's humming, singing and talking to herself AFTER Zoloft?

Our DS13 also takes low-dose Zoloft and we obviously believe it assists him in terms of his mood and OCD or we wouldn't keep him on it. He, too, occasionally hums through his homework or sings silly songs, but I've not necessarily associated that with the Zoloft. I see that as a sign that he's feeling calmer, better, happier, more in control, etc. and that's just one of his creative ways of expressing himself. In our case, he doesn't do it in school, or if he does, it's not to the extent that it is disruptive, as no one's mentioned it to us. Too, he seems to recognize when he's doing it.

We started Celaxa in July for anxiety and depression,mood swings. We didn't see great results with that. Her improvement started really started 16 days ago. We switched her to Zoloft only 6 days ago. SO there was improvement before the Zoloft and the humming started after the Zoloft. My DD is also in more control also but very HYPER! She is on 25 mg.