ACN Latitudes Forums

Chelatin detoxing

Andy

Thanks DAn, Mmazz, Kim and everyone else who has wished my family well or stated a kind word inregards to me. Sometimes I think I'm a great parent but then again I then make a mistake and it brings me back to earth. I guess being a parent who cares and tries his or her best is all we can ask of ourselves and at the end of it all hope we did as good as we could have.

My son had a DMPS IV this Thursday with a quick turn around of DMSA over the weekend. We have seen tics again but can not say for sure if it is a reaction of zinc being lost, heavy metals being pulled out at a high rate, not sleeping enough- summer hrs are hard with the sun not setting till after 8:30ish-, excitment from summer camp, or summer reactions. Usually summer time he completly falls apart. Or a combination of everything. My wife is a little bit upset but I think we both were hoping for a quicker solution rather then realizing that even with the detox it could still be a long road. But all in all, he is doing much better now then he was doing a year ago and the tics are not constant and for the most part would not be noticed by anyone who does not know better. What gets me is that he tics when he eats and it does not matter what he eats or when. But he is going thru most of the day with out tics and if we could get him to go back to sleeping at 7 then we know if we could rule that out. Anyway, my DAN doctor was not keen on the NDF and we are planning on running another heavy metal test next month and perhaps the urine test for stomach yeast. He is eatting alot of fruits now for the natural detoxing effect and yes strawberries have been included but I ask my wife to factor those out of the grocery list for now.

I am still happy with the route that we are taking. I just hope we could stick to our game plan of 6 months of DMPS IV and 4 to 6 months of DMSA with 3 months of overlapping of both and then a continued natural detox that we have been doing for the past four years with adjustments.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is fascinating, Andy. I hope you're keeping great records and planning to publish an article when you feel you've reached a satisfactory and stable place with your son. I wish you and your whole family continued strength to keep up the amazing work you've been doing. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Karen

Currently I am very happy with my son's progress. It is summer time and he is able to read. That in itself is an amazing thing.

great news Andy..

I am not sure what do u mean by he is able to read?

A learning disability?

or ticcing while reading?

I will buy your book too if you publish..I can not wait till Sheila's book comes out.

thanks

8680[/snapback]

Thanks, but I got a feeling if I ever wrote a book the only publisher would be a copier machine at Office Max.

By reading I mean that his eye tics and his neck turning is not preventing his ablility to read. Last summer I had to read to him or play tape books for he could not focus. This year in school he was tested to be over a second grade level. They stopped at that level for he was still in kindergarten.

• 4 weeks later...

My son has had his 5th DMPS/NAC/Glutinone treatment. We also did another challenge test so it will be interesting to see what the results are. I hate seeing the needle go into the little guys arm but because of it I become a cheerleader when he starts peeing out the metals. Sounds weird unless youv'e been there. Still think the DMSA is working better but who knows what process the IV's may have started that the DMSA's are finishing. Still feel that veg/fruit shakes with B, C and A vitamins and gluthaione lotion are the long term solution with hopefully NDF but for now the DMPS and DMSA has really shown results. We hope that the chelatin gets out enough metals so that the more natural ways can then become more effective.