ACN Latitudes Forums

All you moms with Lyme- can you give me some perspective

THANK YOU, YOU GUYS!I'm sitting here in tears which haven't really stopped much since thursday. I asked you for perspective and once again I am inspired and encouraged. I have been sooooo down. I saw "under our skin" last night and was inspired by their stories and the enormity of this thing.

I reached a decision and yes I will request Dr C. to get me started atleast on the abx which is fully covered by insurance.

My son wanted to know yesterday if I would be there to guide him if any of his his children got Lyme/Bartonella!! LOL!!

I said YES, YES that I would be there for me everytime he needs me.

Thanks so much for all your support girls. I simply couldn't have and won't be able to do it without you. The friendships I've formed are priceless- Wendy, Kim, Mary, Melinda, Dawn, tpotter, Elizabeth and ALL the list is endless and its an honor and a previlege to be fighting this war with you.

Hi Jodie,

So glad you are feeling more optimistic today. And so glad to hear that will be starting treatment yourself.

And on the note of optimism, I wanted to give you a link so you could read the follow-up stories to the characters in the Under Our Skin film. I don't know if you saw them at the ILADS conference (not sure if you watched any of the presentation broadcasts), but most of the characters were there attending. And most of them are doing really well! These updates were made in 2009 -- but what I saw at the conference, they were doing even better than when these were written. Especially Mandy. So please hang in there... you will change your life and the life of your family by getting this treatment.

Here's the updates: (you'll have to click the "update" link for each characer).

http://www.underourskin.com/film_characters.html

Mary

Dear Jodie,

I read your post this morning, but didn't have time to reply. I took your message to church with me. I don't know if you are a religious person, but I prayed for you. Although I prayed for healing, I prayed more for strength and endurance for you. You seem like a very intelligent and loving person who has had a very tough road. Already, you are inspiring your son and others, including me. I wish we could take away your pain, but since we can't, we will cheer you on as you work your way to full health.

Please don't feel alone. If you need antidepressant or counseling or whatever it takes to get through this-please do. Now at least, you have some explanation for why things have always been so difficult for you. With this explanation comes the realization that you are far stronger than you ever knew. Your best times and health are ahead of you.

Teresa