ACN Latitudes Forums

This month is TWO YEARS POST IVIG

amy s

Congrats and thank you for your story of hope. I am in the middle of the hard part with the rages and scratching and biting himself. So upsetting, and sitting IEP meetings with the school saying I am overreacting and asking for help too much. Maybe I should find another placement. Exhausting. Good to see that people do have remission and recovery stories and there is hope for us out there.

C

So happy for you and your daughter...your whole family. My ds(6) goes for IVIG on the 18th & 19th. Good to hear that there are stories where only 1 IVIG is needed. I have PTSD, but we're still in the current vs. post phase of it all. Have PTSD about kindergarten last year when we were undx'd. And there's the feeling that you never can do quite enough to make things better (if you can even imagine that things are going to ever get better). But I will take comfort from your story and know that there are "happy" endings. And we will do the IVIG, which is what we can do right now & go from there. I hope to post a success story on this forum someday. And I hope that someday this forum won't exist because PANDAS won't exist & nobody will have to go thru what all of us are going thru. Best wishes to you & yours & THANK YOU!