ACN Latitudes Forums

Day 9 of Augmentin..bad headaches

My ds(12) is on day 9 of abx and his head is hurting real bad every morning. Ibuprofen isn't helping. I don't know if I should take him in for a Strep test or not. His throat isn't hurting but his head hurts and he get's nauseous.

We have seen some improvement on the antibiotics. He is sleeping alone in his bed for the first time in a long time. I'm praying it's the antibiotics. His tics seem better too.

Thank you all. I love this forum. I was able to meet last night with 2 wonderful ladies from this forum. We all live about 30 minutes from one another in Tennessee and all have kids with PANDAS. It was a wonderful time with lots of information shared. If it wasn't for this bored we would have never met.

Cindi

Are you giving it with food, maybe that would help with any nausea. We are giving augmentin a try right now too. I am not sure I see anything major, he was hyper last week, but seems better now. Did your son just decide to sleep in his own room and never did before, or you told him he had to. We have dealt with this issue too, our son is 7, he always wants one of us to lay with him before he falls asleep. That is good that you see tics lessening... what are his tics? We have mostly head and eye tics, they are definitely not gone, I still see them tho, maybe a little better.

We have always had an issue with bedtime fears since pandas. My son even at age 12 was still wanting us to lay down with him. Or he would want to sleep with us. He was about 8 I think when it staRted. Before that he always slept in the pich dark fine. A couple of days after starting abx I offered him a big incentive to sleep in his own room. The first night he kept coming in the room to make sure iwas still awake. He finally fell asleep with the hallway light on and our door open. The second night his dad laid down with him. He was too stressed. The last 2 nights he has done great. I don't know if its the incentive or the abx but I'm just happy he is finally trying. He will not get the reward until he has slept in his on bed for at least a month straight.

His tics are mostly eye and teeth related but he also dies one that is like a full trunk and arm dance and he does some vocal tics as well. THE TICS AREN'T THAT NOTICEABLE UNLESSS you live with him. Its his intrusive thoughts that bother him and us the most. Forgive the typos I'm on my phone. I will post more details later if you would like.

Hi Cindi, you recently did a steroid burst -- correct? I have heard that the steroids stay in the body for about a month afterwards (?) I would call your doctor and ask to speak with her to ask about these headaches--or email. Seems if they are every day that you really do need to follow up on that--

Is he drinking lots of water during the day?

[

No he hasn't had a steroid yet. He is on Augmentin. He probably should drink more water. I will make sure he does tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

quote name=T.Mom' timestamp='1288828758' post='91124]

Hi Cindi, you recently did a steroid burst -- correct? I have heard that the steroids stay in the body for about a month afterwards (?) I would call your doctor and ask to speak with her to ask about these headaches--or email. Seems if they are every day that you really do need to follow up on that--

Is he drinking lots of water during the day?