ACN Latitudes Forums

Strep again

Last infection was last summer, early. By July we were in FULL blown exacerbtion. 14 days of omnicef ( cefdinir) did the trick.

So today at routine check up for her younger sister I had my Ped. look in my pandas daughters throat ( she looked weird to me yesterday and today looked red, hot). SURE ENOUGH, strep.

No major symptoms. Hopefully, got it early.

Now what? Just wait and watch? Hope we don't go "there" again???

We got another 14 day dose of Omnicef ( Cefdinir).

Last infection was last summer, early. By July we were in FULL blown exacerbtion. 14 days of omnicef ( cefdinir) did the trick.

So today at routine check up for her younger sister I had my Ped. look in my pandas daughters throat ( she looked weird to me yesterday and today looked red, hot). SURE ENOUGH, strep.

No major symptoms. Hopefully, got it early.

Now what? Just wait and watch? Hope we don't go "there" again???

We got another 14 day dose of Omnicef ( Cefdinir).

Wow, so happy you caught it early! Hopefully the Omnicef will stop it dead on it's tracks!!! I would add a bit of ibuprofen just in case...

Ahh, YES, thank you Mati's mom that is a good idea. I just need to convince her to take it. I do not know what it is with this kid but she really refuses medicine ( gee could it be the smell, texture, and taste sensitivities!? lol).

I am going to try to get some into her tomorrow.

Our daughter had contamination type issues with medication - worried that she'd get wrong dose, that it would make her sick due to taste, dose, side effect, etc. We did try to balance out accomodations for sensory vs accomodations for ocd around medicine. For example, we bought all 3 flavors of motrin & let her do a taste test, and go with the one she choose (gave the others to a neighbor). But the rule was that she HAD to choose one of them. We also allow her to choose a "junk" snack that helps get rid of the taste better, like a flavored goldfish (boy they came a long way since I had an infant!) But we didn't allow her a choice in medicine taking altogether.

So sorry about the strep, but so glad that you caught it early! Also, it's a good sign that she did not dial up in behavorial intensity just prior to the physical symptoms of strep.