ACN Latitudes Forums

Blinking,blinking,blinking

As many of you know my son started receiving treatment for Pandas in May. He has had antibiotic,steroid and three ivig. He has been doing amazing but on Wed he came home blinking non stop. During his first exacerbation thats how it started and everything gradually got worse. At first I thought he was reacting to the flu mist because it has been given to others at his school but as it turns out a buddy of his had strep last week. He played with him on Saturday and on Monday is when the friend missed school. It turns out it was strep. Could this cause an exacberation even though the firend was not "officially " sick. I thought IVIG would help this. Whats the point of IVIG if they can still become exposed. Should we have another one? The doctor is out until next week so Im not sure what we are going to do in the meantime. I took my son off of antibiotics and I think thats probably the reason for re exposure but for some reason I thought IVIG would take care of the antibodies and reaction. He had amazing results but now we are back to square one.

As many of you know my son started receiving treatment for Pandas in May. He has had antibiotic,steroid and three ivig. He has been doing amazing but on Wed he came home blinking non stop. During his first exacerbation thats how it started and everything gradually got worse. At first I thought he was reacting to the flu mist because it has been given to others at his school but as it turns out a buddy of his had strep last week. He played with him on Saturday and on Monday is when the friend missed school. It turns out it was strep. Could this cause an exacberation even though the firend was not "officially " sick. I thought IVIG would help this. Whats the point of IVIG if they can still become exposed. Should we have another one? The doctor is out until next week so Im not sure what we are going to do in the meantime. I took my son off of antibiotics and I think thats probably the reason for re exposure but for some reason I thought IVIG would take care of the antibodies and reaction. He had amazing results but now we are back to square one.

"officially" sick is when the immune response takes off- I don't know how long it takes w/ strep for the immune system kicks in, but I think there's a good chance the friend was contagious on Saturday. Anyway to get some abx and or prednisone? You could try ibuprofen to help with inflammation in the mean time. Sorry this is happening. Praying that this is a blip and not the start of something bigger.

"officially" sick is when the immune response takes off- I don't know how long it takes w/ strep for the immune system kicks in, but I think there's a good chance the friend was contagious on Saturday. Anyway to get some abx and or prednisone? You could try ibuprofen to help with inflammation in the mean time. Sorry this is happening. Praying that this is a blip and not the start of something bigger.

Thanks so much. We have a prescription of zithromax available at the pharmacy. Is penicillin better? There is never an ending to PANDAS is there? Does anyone know where I could find documentation on flu mist and encephalitis?

Thanks so much. We have a prescription of zithromax available at the pharmacy. Is penicillin better? There is never an ending to PANDAS is there? Does anyone know where I could find documentation on flu mist and encephalitis?

My child does much better on zith. It has anti-inflammatory properties, too.