ACN Latitudes Forums

Vocal Tics -- need advice

Familyof5

Hi,

I have three children. My dd 11 is clucking, my ds 8 is sniffing, my dd 6 is grunting and talking in crazy voice sporadically. Their motor tics are somewhat under control. I would say on the whole their motor tics are the best I've seen in a while. Only my ds 8 is gluten free and has been for over a year (it has helped with many symptoms but not all). I give Bonnie's Supps to dd 11 and ds 8, but not dd 6. I know it is confusing, but basically, by using one as a control for certain variables I could basically deduce that neither the Supplements nor diet are not working for the WHOLE issue. Or it may just be that each child is different and reacts differently to my approaches.

Either way, I need help. The vocals seem to increasing in frequency and severity in all three of them. Does anyone have advice on what I can try specifically for vocals?

Thanks in advance,

Cathy

Hello Cathy,

For vocal tics, at least minor ones such as clucking, throat clearing and maybe a hmmm sound, I always think eliminating dairy and milk products could help with that, only thinking is because dairy causes mucous build up in the throat, and I once read that in the book "Is this Your Child" by Doris Rapp. her book ahs to do with foods and environmental being a possibility for symptoms of ADHD and behavioral problems., so you might want to look that book over if you can find it in the library.

could you do a trial of dairy free? its worth a shot. I have vocal as our primary tic for some years now, have not been able to fully do dairy free for my little guy, but I do feel if he has milk and too much ice cream, it does kick up. hard to know really since I've been dealing with this for some time.

how long have you been doing the bontech vits?

Edited by faith

Hi

many people have also found the amino acid L-carnitine helpful for vocal tics

Sorry for not remembering the specifics but

have you had your children evaluated for strep or other infection triggered tics?

Do you have a family history (apart from the kids) of tics and TS?

Hi,

No family history of tics, the kids have been evaluated for PANDAS: negative. At least two of my children have had strep, BUT, the tics were present long before any strep. We are the family that was exposed to toxic mold and all my kids including myself and husband now have mvmt disorders among other things. Two of my children and myself have been on the Bontech vitamins since August. I, myself, have felt the best I've felt in four years. I don't know if that is because of Bontech vitamins I am taking, or if it is the four mercury fillings I had removed (at about the same time--August). And although I do notice it has helped with the movements in my children. It seems that the vocals have picked way up though. BUT, the vocals have picked way up in my youngest daughter also who is NOT taking the Bontech vitamins. I'll look into the L-carnitine and will look into that book (my youngest would definately be diagnosed with ADHD!). Thanks! Any other advice you or anyone could offer is so valued. I'm so grateful to have found this forum. It has given me some hope.