ACN Latitudes Forums

Tics and food

mar

I have been out of touch for several months now. I guess the stress from the school year beginning and what I went through last fall just tore me up this year. From the 1st day my DS went to school I just went into panick mode! I was so afraid and did not want to relive what we went through last year that I completely stressed myself out and was not feeling well for several months. But I think I'm good and back (God help me). Her it is especially for new comers. My dear son has been on his diet for about 11 months now and it has done wonders. If you have seen any of my other posts he is off eggs, wheat, gluten, milk, dyes and pretty much everything!! Way to much to list and he is doing absolutely great in regards to tics!!!!! He has not had the blinking or shoulder movements yet. He came home one day with his lips alittle red but it only lasted a day! This diet has helped him greatly. Yes the diet is extremely hard in the beginning (I am not going to lie) but it has paid off in the long run. He understands now and realizes everything about how foods affect him (not in the ticcing department). He sees it as more what causes congestion and what not. But throughout this diet we figured out that eggs, milk and peas cause congestion. Sometimes within hours. We stay away from these. Wheat I am still trying to figure out (maybe OCD and hyperness). We dealt with many episodes of anger, ragging and crying last year around this time. I have realized throughout the year that his OCD may be causing this (never in a million of years would I know this if it wasn't for this forum, thank you). That is the one thing we are dealing with now. We are reading books and he is understanding that it is OCD(green guy we call it). That is his major issue right now but since he is more open and dicusses it with me we no longer see the rages and anger. It's more of "mommy I need to talk to you". He has been doing his homework well without any anger and issues and is basically getting straight A's (which I am so proud of). I am trying to help him with the OCD, which I'm still trying to figure out if he is too young for therapy at this time. His OCD is more stressful things like "I am thinking of death" before bed but after I say a couple of things he is out cold within 5 or so minutes. He is still a perfectionist like my husband (whom has TS also). Anyway, this diet has been a blessing. I am now busy working on DD (who is 5). I am seeing signs in her.

Mar