ACN Latitudes Forums

Vitamin D

giulia

Hello!

I wanted to share the fact that I have noticed a difference when I am out of town and my husband does not add a drop of Vitamin D to my DS apple juice in the AM. Has anybody else noticed that Vitamin D helps with keeping tics under control?

My DS is also taking: Natural Calm + calcium, Vitamin B6, antihistamine + washes his nose out 2 times /day (that has helped as well).

Take care

Giulia

what kind of antihistamin do you give your child? I am also trying to decrease his histamin.

Pat

HI

I GIVE HIM THE GENERIC VERSION OF CLARITIN. HAD BAD REACTION TO ZYRTEC SO DROPPED THAT ONE. IT ALSO HAS HELPED TO DO NOSE WASHES TWICE A DAY, AND ONCE A DAY HE GETS NASONEX (NASAL SPRAY).

TAKE CARE!

GIULIA

Yes absolutely!

My daughter who is 10 had blood tests and she was very deficient in Vitamin D (as many of us are). She was put on 7000 IU's a day - and was monitored by the doctor and regular blood tests. Her levels were in the high normal at her last blood test (Sept) and she had started the 7000 in June. The doctor has now reduced how much Vitamin d she has to take daily. Her tics are so under control right now. She is also taking other supplements - but the doctor we saw felt strongly about the Vit D and Vit E (if you are low on D - then you are often low on E as well) connection to tics. He is also a DAN doctor and he mentioned that a lot of doctors are now researching the relationship between low Vit D and autism and adhd.

Lisa

Yes absolutely!

My daughter who is 10 had blood tests and she was very deficient in Vitamin D (as many of us are). She was put on 7000 IU's a day - and was monitored by the doctor and regular blood tests. Her levels were in the high normal at her last blood test (Sept) and she had started the 7000 in June. The doctor has now reduced how much Vitamin d she has to take daily. Her tics are so under control right now. She is also taking other supplements - but the doctor we saw felt strongly about the Vit D and Vit E (if you are low on D - then you are often low on E as well) connection to tics. He is also a DAN doctor and he mentioned that a lot of doctors are now researching the relationship between low Vit D and autism and adhd.

Lisa

Very interesting, Lisa, THANK YOU for sharing this info!