ACN Latitudes Forums

Some good news...

mom md

My immunologist e-mailed me today the grand rounds schedule for the residency here in Charlotte. In November they are having a grand rounds for the doctors and residents on "Tics, OCD, and PANDAS". Needless to say I will go and hear what they say. My immunologist said she would go also and spread the word among her colleagues.

My immunologist e-mailed me today the grand rounds schedule for the residency here in Charlotte. In November they are having a grand rounds for the doctors and residents on "Tics, OCD, and PANDAS". Needless to say I will go and hear what they say. My immunologist said she would go also and spread the word among her colleagues.

Alleluia!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

PS...do they need kids to observe..i have 3....or do you have plenty of pan/pits in NC :D .....i sure you do!!!!

Edited by Fixit

It will be great for you to be there! Maybe you could even call ahead of time to let them know- they may be interested in a testimony from a PANDAS parent. Be prepared if the topic is trying to disprove PANDAS as well.

Edited by Priscilla

VERY COOL! :)

I'm actually planning to send a letter to local med schools to let the dean know I have a PANDAS kid. I'd encourage everyone to do so. Beth Maloney said she sent all the deans her book, right? I thought it would be good for them to see a real, live PANDAS mom. (If only to practice their "it's not PANDAS" line. LOL!) Of course, I'm sure when they got the book that they sat down & read it in basically one sitting like I did. ;)

It is a visiting attending that I don't know. I am going to figure out who she is and call her before she comes. I will make sure she is not giving a "PANDAS does not exist speech and if she is I will plan to raise my hand an tell my story." We are getting IVIG tomoorw and Friday at home. My son is flaring now but if he responds like he has before, he should be back to baseline well before the 24th...but oh do I have a story I could tell!

Interestingly, at the health system here- there is a conference also in a few weeks and PANDAS is a topic. The speaker is a doctor from Rochester NY- I cannot get the brochure to load now (thank you dial-up!) but I looked him up before and he is a PANDAS believer, I think- though I had never seen his name mentioned here.

you can google INOVA Mohsen Ziai Conference and upload the brochure if you are interested. I cannot figure out how to post the link here.

That's intersting about this Rochester doc...I live in Binghamton NY & when we met with a new ped. nearly 2 yrs ago he had heard of PANDAS and knew somewhat how to proceed b/c of info this doc gave at a seminar in which a doc from Rochester spoke about it. He was never able to come up with his name for me so I'm anxious to look this up. WHere is is this that he is speaking?

I see his name is Dr Michael Pichichero the location is in VA. Not sure of his stand as the title presentation is PANDAS:Does it really exist and then there is a discussion in a break-away group about it. I'll have to ask my ped if this is who he recalls learning about PANDAS from. I don;t recall seeing his name on the board or on any list either.

Edited by AmySLP