ACN Latitudes Forums

PLEASE SEND YOUR PRAYERS OUR WAY...

Tomorrow will be the 2nd IVIG infusion my son will be receiving. Please say a prayer for my boy Chris. I am trying not to feel nervous but I can't help but to feel that way. After the 1st infusion, he got a little worse and it is now that I'm hearing some words again. As I have mentioned, my son is autistic and was very verbal before but when PANDAS struck, he lost alot of speech, what I call regressive autism or probably PANDAS all along. Time will tell.

You all have helped me tremendously...and my prayer is that I too can help others.

Thank you and God Bless

Maribel

Maribel,

I will definitely keep you and Chris in my prayers.

We are just now starting this journey into treatment for Pandas and I have found this site so helpful as well.

Cindi

Tomorrow will be the 2nd IVIG infusion my son will be receiving. Please say a prayer for my boy Chris. I am trying not to feel nervous but I can't help but to feel that way. After the 1st infusion, he got a little worse and it is now that I'm hearing some words again. As I have mentioned, my son is autistic and was very verbal before but when PANDAS struck, he lost alot of speech, what I call regressive autism or probably PANDAS all along. Time will tell.

You all have helped me tremendously...and my prayer is that I too can help others.

Thank you and God Bless

Maribel

Thank you and God Bless

Maribel

Prayers on the way.....

Thank you and God Bless

Maribel

Thank you so very much for your prayers and well wishes. I am deeply touched by all of you. 2nd IVIG was a toughy..he was poked 6 times with IV needle. Everytime they got the IV in a vein, the vein would blow. My poor guy was in pain and discomfort. The hardest part was holding him down through this while he was also having bad motor tics. It was sooo heartbreaking..

The infusion started at a slow rate but then within the hour the doctor infused it alittle faster and oh my gosh, my son started getting such a bad headache, holding his head and crying. Doctor immediately lowered the speed and gave him toradol and valium through the IV which helped. I was so scared and sad..So hard to see one's child suffer.

Thank God today he has no side effects, just a mild headache which I am treating with meds and lots of hydration. He's feeling better..

Slow recovery but he's recovering..

Will never give up until I get my boy back.

Thanks again and God Bless you and your children.

Maribel

How old was your son when he got regressive autism?

Hello PhillyPA, just read your PM, thank you...my son is presently 14 yrs old and regressive autism just happened 8 months ago. My son changed from one day to the next. Being challenged with autism was never an issue. PANDAS struck and our world was turned upside down. I agree with what Peglem says in other post, she says that PANDAS is what may have caused her daughter's autism while very young. I too believe this is true for my son.

It just doesn't add up sometimes...