ACN Latitudes Forums

If I could beg ped. for tests prior to Latimer....which ones?

Anyone have any idea what Dr. L likes to test for when you see her? The office won't tell me, says that she has to see the child first. I understand that (I guess), but am super-duper anxious to get some tests done, and maybe even start abx if needed ( but want tests run first). With the latest discovery that my daughter possibly had "mycoplasma pneumonia" end of March (funny, thinking back, pretty sure that's when the first couple tics started), I really want that protocol run. Was thinking about a consult with Dr. T (who's a big myco. p. guy....), but sitting on the fence for a number of reasons. Just thought I might try the "beg" approach with the ped. Are there any pandas literate docs who will talk on the phone with your ped. and sort of "bring them up to speed" and suggest tests, etc.?

Thanks again....

I would definitely run the Cunningham test b-4 seeing Dr. Latimer (esp. if your child if predominent tics and you're not sure if she is PANDAS or non-pandas tics.) And you don't need to beg your ped for that one .... since it's research study.