ACN Latitudes Forums

OLE vs Colloidal Silver

Both OLE (Olive Leaf Extract) and Colloidal Silver have been mentioned on here. Which one do you think would be the better to give? I read that Colloidal Silver boosts the immune system....is it okay to boost a PANDAS child's immune system? Also, those that are giving these, can you please post what brand you are using, where you find dosages, and how you give it to your child (swallow capsule, liquid, etc). I am looking at this from a preventative stand point. Thank you!

Ya mean, ya gotta pick one or da udder?

:lol:

Hi, Vickie, whew, well I am a little bit of a newbie here but we're going whole hog here so I'll spill the beans.

Colloidal or ionic silver kills strep. Period. I cannot say how it helps those who are carriers and asymptomatic and if it is at all helpful for PANDAS. Cannot say.

BUT Silver water is a good way to give it as it tastes like,,, well... water. A couple tablespoons a couple times a day, maybe three times, then lower it. I sneak water in mixed with juice as needed.

OLE, Stephanie has posted about: 500 mg three times a day. I ordered Thorne, they are reputable as a brand and they have the requisite olorepein. Just started it with my younger child.

I think and my healer thinks this stuff is good.

http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Water-Special-qts-39-75/dp/B000F7QPDO

Happy trails, we're doing some interesting work with healers. More as we progress.

Michael

Thanks!I've heard good things about colloidal silver before, then when I read your post it really sparked my interest, especially when you said it didn't taste bad:)

I saw they have colloidal silver sprays too. Have you tried that on your dd's rash?

Edited by Vickie

Well, as you know I am giving OLE with great success. But I also just picked up some silver to add into my yeast rotation soon. I bought the drops. I, too, have heard that silver kills strep. I remember once reading on the tourette's board a woman who posted that she was going to try a combo of silver and grapefruit seed extract, just to see if maybe his tourettes was caused by pandas and she came back in a few days and said that it was working!

I don't know as much about silver, but here are my thoughts on OLE. I have heard that it is anti-inflammatory, antioxident, immune support, antiviral, antifungal, etc. I am really starting to wonder if it the anti-inflammatory property that is making my kids do so well. Like I said, when I reduce the dose the symptoms come right back. Makes me think of inflammation, not just strep. Also, I think it is doing a better job than abx were doing recently b/c we have an abx-resistent strain of strep, which can't be resistent to OLE. I don't think you would have resistence issues with silver, either.

As far as silver being toxic with the blue tint in the skin, I have heard that you would have to use MASSIVE amounts for a very long time to induce that effect. Although, I do have that thought in the back of my mind b/c I don't want to kill strep at the expense of creating smurfs!! LOL

I am using OLE in place of antibiotics. The reason I decided to do this is b/c my boys were not able to handle the side effects of the abx (diarrhea, yeast, clostridia) and also b/c five people have caught strep down here in florida in the last 6 months while on azith (meaning 5 people I know, including my 2 boys). I started them on augmentin and it pulled them out of the worst of the sudden onset symptoms but it only got them about 80% better. So I switched to OLE adn the remainder of their symptoms vanished within 3 days!! We are going on 5 weeks now of no abx, only OLE...

Thanks!I've heard good things about colloidal silver before, then when I read your post it really sparked my interest, especially when you said it didn't taste bad:)

I saw they have colloidal silver sprays too. Have you tried that on your dd's rash?

We use the Silver. So far so good.

Formedbirds,

Incorrect about the silver. It's harmless.

What is NOT harmless is silver PROTEIN products. This is where the blue issue comes in.

Google it,, you'll see what I mean.

:)

Michael

Just repeating what my doctor (Naturopath) said. She has two patients that came to her hoping she could rid them of the blue skin, but she could not. She advises all of her patients to stay away from it. She says it is not worth the risk, especially with other options available.