ACN Latitudes Forums

Virginia Parents....docs and support group...

Hello,

I thought i saw some posts that were dated over the summer about a Virginia area support group...or even just moms that meet to chat, grab a meal, anything.....Is there anyone out there who is part of this that could get me in touch with these families?

Also, still searching for a local-ish doc to get things moving until I can get in with Latimer on Dec. 23...I'm in Virginia (Warrenton), near Northern VA.

Thanks!

Hello,

I thought i saw some posts that were dated over the summer about a Virginia area support group...or even just moms that meet to chat, grab a meal, anything.....Is there anyone out there who is part of this that could get me in touch with these families?

Also, still searching for a local-ish doc to get things moving until I can get in with Latimer on Dec. 23...I'm in Virginia (Warrenton), near Northern VA.

Thanks!

Hi there,

We are in Warrenton too! Amazingly enough, I know of two other PANDAS families in our town, for a total of 4 families affected, which seems like a lot for such a small town! I'll pm you with more...

I called Dr. Perlmutter a couple months ago and she said she's not taking any new pandas patients:(

Dr Susan J Perlmutter is a psychiatrist in NVA. As far as I know, she only treats with amoxicillan- but she is a good diagnostician with pandas experience- may be a way to get things going.

Sorry, I've been away from the computer for a few days. PM me your email and I will add you to the Virginia support group list. We should have been meeting today, but the whole month got away from me...darn pandas :blink: . I am hoping to schedule a meeting in the next few weeks...get one in after Halloween and before Thanksgiving, Christmas!!