ACN Latitudes Forums

Yeast, clostridia, die off

laure

I read a lot about people treating for yeast, clostridia (sp?) and then "die-off", which sounds horrible! I remember yeast problems with thrush when my kids were babies, but what would it look like now? My dd is on zith (250/day so far) and so far only giving her 10 billion probiotics a day. Should I get ahead of these problems, which sound like the destiny for most kids on long-term antibiotics?

I read a lot about people treating for yeast, clostridia (sp?) and then "die-off", which sounds horrible! I remember yeast problems with thrush when my kids were babies, but what would it look like now? My dd is on zith (250/day so far) and so far only giving her 10 billion probiotics a day. Should I get ahead of these problems, which sound like the destiny for most kids on long-term antibiotics?

yes ..i would up the probis

i like to rotate them every few days or weekly..to make sure getting rounded variety

my ds gets screeches...not sure if isolated to yeast or clostridia..it might be the combo or either/or....

4xs i had to address gut with (knock knock)clearing of these symptoms...

long term zith can cause clostridia

zith used to be ds5's "magic elixer" in terms of pandas...until, that is, he developed bacteria (klebsiella, which was worse than pandas - RAGES and psychotic behavior). Same with DS2, he developed clostridia. He reacts with aggression and noncompliance (oh so fun :wacko: ).

Yeast, for us, is more of a drunken, silly, hyperactive, not focused behavior. Very distinct once you experience it and know what it is.

Anyway, the die-off is basically a worsening of behavior when you first start treating these things.

BTW, both of my boys had thrush as babies, too. To me that means that they are probably prone to it, or maybe they never really even fully got rid of it in the first place. I would be careful and increase probiotics. I hope this post did not scare you, not all kids react this way when they do get these infections. But I will say that once it sets in it is very hard to get rid of, especially for our kids on chronic abx...