ACN Latitudes Forums

positive update on ds

mommyfor4

Cheri, Thank you so much, you have gone over and above. Your findings are reassuring for me that this may be the multi for him. Thank you for clarifying what can be an overwhelming amount of ingredients, especially hidden triggers....I think I can speak for many (if not all) of us- you are such a blessing, a source of information, a sounding board...it is comforting to have a guiding hand when stumbling around through all this new information. Small kindnesses can have great residual effects...

Megan

Hi all,

So we have had two good nights now, no mood issues at all and tics are still greatly decreased. I did start him back on Natural Calm (original -no flavour). I am sure now that the flavour was increasing his night time tics. He is also back to epsom bath every other night if not nightly. It really does seem to be an amazing help! I am also suspecting his NutraSea Omega 3 may increase his tics, it is lemon flavour so possibly that's the issue. Will try unflavoured and if not would love other suggestions. Have seen the postings on krill, and am interested in the one your son uses/used? Cheri.

Chris I have also seen you use one called Flax Fusion, could you tell me who makes it and what is in it?

Megan

Hi all,

So we have had two good nights now, no mood issues at all and tics are still greatly decreased. I did start him back on Natural Calm (original -no flavour). I am sure now that the flavour was increasing his night time tics. He is also back to epsom bath every other night if not nightly. It really does seem to be an amazing help! I am also suspecting his NutraSea Omega 3 may increase his tics, it is lemon flavour so possibly that's the issue. Will try unflavoured and if not would love other suggestions. Have seen the postings on krill, and am interested in the one your son uses/used? Cheri.

Chris I have also seen you use one called Flax Fusion, could you tell me who makes it and what is in it?

Megan

Sure thing, Megan. I'll pull it out and check tonight when I get home. - Chris

glad to see things going well megan

re the krill oil, we have not used it. My son reacts to fish oil (not fish)and so we started using organic flaxseed oil some time back. He also eats a lot of wild Alaskan salmon and wild caught herring which are high in the omega 3s

Megan, I checked the ingredients of the Flax Fusion. Here's a link with the info.

http://www.thebetterhealthstore.com/Better-Health-Flax-Fusion-Omega-3-Flax-Oil-Strawberry-banana-Bottle-16-Oz

Again, I'm taken aback a bit. Several ingredients that I was somehow overlooking. Even though it seems that the omegas in it are good, I'm now going to find a new source.

So in the space of a few days I discover that two of the three supps I've been giving daily are no longer up to snuff. I recall now that I bought both before learning how to be as careful as I generally am these days, and I guess I've continued with them due to inertia.

Checked with our dr. and he recommended Klaire labs VitasSectrum powder as a multi. I'm going to choose today between it and the Kirkman multi mentioned by Lisa. I like the extras in the Kirkman.

Have a nice weekend!

Chris

Megan, I checked the ingredients of the Flax Fusion. Here's a link with the info.

http://www.thebetterhealthstore.com/Better-Health-Flax-Fusion-Omega-3-Flax-Oil-Strawberry-banana-Bottle-16-Oz

Again, I'm taken aback a bit. Several ingredients that I was somehow overlooking. Even though it seems that the omegas in it are good, I'm now going to find a new source.

So in the space of a few days I discover that two of the three supps I've been giving daily are no longer up to snuff. I recall now that I bought both before learning how to be as careful as I generally am these days, and I guess I've continued with them due to inertia.

Checked with our dr. and he recommended Klaire labs VitasSectrum powder as a multi. I'm going to choose today between it and the Kirkman multi mentioned by Lisa. I like the extras in the Kirkman.

Have a nice weekend!

Chris

Thanks for the quick reply Chris! I am now almost positive the Omega is causing tics so I am also looking into an alternative. Will keep updating...

Have a good weekend as well''

Megan

• 4 weeks later...

Megan,

could we get an update on how your child is doing on the Progressive multi? just wondering. are you stil giving it? how are the vocals? and how are the mood/crying spells? can't think of why that

Also, just looking the ingredients, I was noting that even tho there is not a high amount of magnesium, those other 'green food supplements' are probably a source of magnesium as green vegetables are usually high in magnesium....so that may be a reason why this multi is working out well for your child. just a thought

I was looking at this as I've started playing around with magesium more lately, actualy trying out different forms and higher amounts. not having any great results, but trying to be patient, not expecting any immediate results. So being that I don't give any other vits at this time, I wonder if I should start (wondering if the reason the mag doesn't seem to help him so much is because I'mnot balancing with other vits, as this multi may be doing).....I don't usually like high dose vits for my son, I always think he doesn't do well on them, so I just keep them out. but wondering if it is a good idea to just give mag alone, I know that the Bonnie Grimaldi vits were formulated as even tho she thought magnesium was key, it needed to be balanced with other vits.

Edited by faith

Hi Faith,

This thread brought me to try a different multi. The one I had been using was fairly generic, that is, not a multi with extra amounts of anything. It also had an ingredient or two that I figured would be best left out of our son's diet.

I chose the one Lisa mentioned (the Kirkman Labs Spectrum Complete powder) for the reason that it had in it some of the things I was specifically wanting to get into my son (things that help with sulfation). The results have been noticeable, and were noticeable as soon as a couple of days after we started using it.

It has a good amount of magnesium, so we're playing around with the Natural Calm that we were already using, trying to make sure he's not getting too much (loose stools were noticeable at the beginning, and continue to be so but not as much, due potentially to the mg, but also potentially to other things...). But I can't be sure it's the key since there are so many things in the multi. Personally, I'd like to think that goodies related to the process of sulfation have contributed, as well as the higher doses of the other things.

Good luck with your decision making!

Chris

Megan,

could we get an update on how your child is doing on the Progressive multi? just wondering. are you stil giving it? how are the vocals? and how are the mood/crying spells? can't think of why that

Also, just looking the ingredients, I was noting that even tho there is not a high amount of magnesium, those other 'green food supplements' are probably a source of magnesium as green vegetables are usually high in magnesium....so that may be a reason why this multi is working out well for your child. just a thought

I was looking at this as I've started playing around with magesium more lately, actualy trying out different forms and higher amounts. not having any great results, but trying to be patient, not expecting any immediate results. So being that I don't give any other vits at this time, I wonder if I should start (wondering if the reason the mag doesn't seem to help him so much is because I'mnot balancing with other vits, as this multi may be doing).....I don't usually like high dose vits for my son, I always think he doesn't do well on them, so I just keep them out. but wondering if it is a good idea to just give mag alone, I know that the Bonnie Grimaldi vits were formulated as even tho she thought magnesium was key, it needed to be balanced with other vits.

Hi Faith,

We are still using the Progressive Multi and are very happy with the results. He has Chronic Vocal Tic Disorder and we have seen dramatic decrease in the vocal tics, even to the point of lapses through the day which we have not ever seen since onset. He just seems more balanced and better focused.

The moods are gone, I don't think they were related to the multi, maybe seasonal changes..

We do still keep up with the Natural Calm especially in the evening.

The multi is a breakfast and dinner dose and I do find that by dinner he is ready for the second chewable as his tics increase mildly around that time, but shortly after taking his multi he and we notice them decrease again. I don't know the whys but the results have been noticeable and consistent to date. If I had to estimate I would say it has cut his tics by at least half if not more. We struggled with multis too, as he didn't do great on them but so far nothing but rave reviews on this one. As of now, we only have him on the multi, Natural Calm and Vitamin D, would like to add back Omega's in the form of flax oil as he seemed to tic from the fish oil but even that doesn't seem so immediate as he is doing soooo well. Our whole family went through long, nasty cold and he was the only one who didn't get sick. In the past this cold would have surely seen him with bronchial coughing and fever. Something is working, and my money is on the multi....

Megan

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to update again. Things are still going really well, he had a slight rise as a virus riddled our house but HE out of all 6 of us, did not get sick! This is huge seeing as he was always the first to pick up any cough and it would quickly go bronchial. As I said in my last post, he is just all around more balanced. We are still on the same basics, the first being his Progressive multi, Natural Calm, Vitamin D and epsom baths. It seems for him the simpler the better....will keep you all updated but so far so good. Fingers crossed.

Megan

• 2 weeks later...

Things are still going really well, in fact he even swam ALOT this weekend when we were away and his tics did not increase with the exposure to chlorine! Yesterday though he had an organic apple, which he has not eaten in months, and the cough and throat clearing tic emerged almost immediately. He is now convinced that apples are a trigger as am I, but beyond that he is still doing amazing. Still has not picked up any of the colds etc. that have gone through the house...at times we are shocked at how "quiet" he has become seeing as his tics are all vocal and he had many, many at his worst!

Megan